Taiwan's many charms include its people - some of the friendliest in all of Asia; its reputation as the food capital of the East, and of course, the famous night markets selling everything from snacks to clothing.
On top of the list of its many attributes is the absolute beauty of the island, from the mountains to the gorges to the beaches and its acclaimed national parks and scenic areas.
In addition, Taiwan and the smaller islands offer numerous ecotourism opportunities; fascinating museums; over 5,000 Taoist, Buddhist and Confucian temples, and a multitude of historic sites.
And, don't forget the city of Taipei -- a vibrant center of culture and entertainment.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Discover Taiwan (Tourism Bureau)
- Calling Code: 886
- Electricity: 110V, 60Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Taiwan is a year round destination, but there are times the weather is more suitable for sight-seeing and visting the attractions.
Most people prefer visiting in the fall from September to November as it's warm and dry. Springtime – March to May - can be wet and gray. The east coast, from June to August, is the preferred time for the outdoor activities, although this period is also the typhoon season.
It is best to avoid travel during the Chinese New Year holiday, as almost everything is shut down and accommodations are hard to obtain and quite expensive.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Changhua Country Attractions
- Chiayi Tourism Guide
- East Coast
- East Rift Valley
- Extraordinary Sights
- Hsinchu City Guide
- Hualien Travel Guide
- Kaohsiung Travel Guide
- Kinmen Travel Guide
- Museum of Natural Science
- National Museum
- National Palace Museum
- New Taipei Tourism and Travel Guide
- Night Markets
- North Coast
- Northeast and Yilan Coast
- Penghu Tourism Guide
- Southwest Coast
- Taipei Travel Guide
- Tri-Mountain National Scenic Area
- Water-Based Tourism and Leisure
- Yunlin Travel Guide
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
|Land Area||32,260 km2|
|Water Area||3,720 km2|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,130.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||49,500$|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
The Poorest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
10 States With The Largest African-American Populations
The Largest Football (Soccer) Stadiums In The World