Syrian Arab Republic's Information
|Land Area||183,630 km2|
|Water Area||1,550 km2|
|Total Area||185,180km2 (#87)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic; Highly Authoritarian Regime|
|GDP (PPP)||$50.28 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$2,900|
View all cities in Syrian Arab Republic
The U.S. Department of State and other world governments strongly warn citizens against travel to Syria. Many governments are urging their citizens to leave if they are still in the country.
Several Western countries and some of the Arab Gulf region countries have closed their embassies in Damascus due to the ongoing violence and deteriorating security situation.
Borders may become more difficult to cross or may close without warning.
- Calling Code: 963
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Syria is very hot during the summer months, and the further east one travels, the hotter it becomes.
The winters are cool. The northern part of Syria receives a signficant amount of rainfall.
April, May, September and October are the best months to visit. There is minimal rainfall and temperatures are generally in the high 60°s F (mid 20°s C)
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- We will continue to monitor the current situation and update travel and tourism sites as information is made available. For now, the following sites can be visited to gain further knowledge about the country of Syria.
- Castles in Syria
- Come to Syria Guide
- Dura-Europos (Pompeii of the Syrian Desert)
- Grand Mosque of Damascus
- Maalula Monasteries
- Old Damascus
- Sacred Destinations
- UNESCO Sites
- Visit Syria
TOURISM TRANSPORTATION:PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Syria Travel Advice and Warnings