South Korea's Information
|Land Area||96,920 km2|
|Water Area||2,800 km2|
|Total Area||99,720km2 (#107)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,930.00 Billion|
View all cities in South Korea
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major) South Korea has several dozen national and provincial parks spread across the country - all well maintained. Golf courses are first-rate, and the eastern mountains present numerous state-of-the-art ski facilities and winter sport opportunities.
Seoul, the country's top destination, is famed for its nightlife, shopping, palaces, museums and historical sites.
Outside the capital city, popular visitor attractions include the beaches, resorts and seafood restaurants of Pusan; the resort island of Jeju, and its stunning scenery and water sports activities; plus numerous Buddhist pagodas and temples that accent the South Korean countryside.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Visit Korea (Korea Tourism Organization)
- Calling Code: 82
- Electricity: 220V, 60Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: South Korea has four distinct seasons, with spring (April and May) or fall (September to November) being the favored times for visiting.
Summers in South Korea are hot and wet, while winters are dry and very cold.
It is strongly advised to avoid visiting during the major holidays as the roads are very crowded, accommodations are difficult to book and the favorite attractions are packed.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Best Beaches
- Bukchon Hanok Village
- Daegu Tourism Guide
- DeMilitarized Zone Tours
- Discover Gwangju Tourism Guide
- Exploring Korea
- Golf Course Guide
- Gyeongbokgung Palace
- Incheon Tourism Guide
- Jeju Tourism Guide
- Korea Travel Guide
- Korean Folk Village
- National Cemetery
- National Parks
- Royal Palaces
- Royal Tombs
- Sacred Destinations
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- UNESCO Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- South Korea Travel Advice and Warnings
South Korea Trivia
What are the Major Ethnic Groups of South Korea?
96% of the South Korean population is comprised by ethnic Koreans, while the largest groups of immigrants are from China and the United States.