|Land Area||687 km2|
|Water Area||10 km2|
|Total Area||697km2 (#176)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$488.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$87,100|
View all cities in Singapore
Singapore is one of the interesting, enjoyable and favored destinations in Southeast Asia.
Singapore's population is multi-racial, including Chinese, Malay and Indian ethnic races, thus the country's cultural and culinary heritage is diverse and fascinating.
The ethnic enclaves of Chinatown, Little India, the Arab Quarters all offer their own uniqueness in architecture, temples, restaurants, shopping and experiences.
Some of the favorite sites to see and experience include Arab Street, shopping on Orchard Road, the parks and gardens in Jurong Town, the aquariums, museums and beaches on Sentosa Island.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Your Singapore (Singapore Tourism Board)
- Calling Code: 65
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Left
- Times to Travel: Singapore's warm and humid climate is consistent year-round, so any time is a good time to visit.
The peak travel times are June and July, November and December. "Super-peak" season begins mid-December and lasts through Chinese Lunar New Year. It can be difficult to find accommodations during this period unless booking is done well in advance.
Temperatures remain fairly constant through the year with the average being around 81° F (27° C).
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Attractions and Vacation Guide
- Birding in Singapore
- Botanic Gardens
- Bukit Brown Heritage Park
- Chinese Temples
- Clarke Quay
- Gardens by the Bay
- Little India
- Marina Barrage
- Mount Faber
- Orchard Road
- Singapore Parks
- Singapore Tourism Board
- Southern Ridges
- Silk Air (Regional)
- Singapore Airlines
- Singapore Airports
- Singapore Cruise Centre (Ferries)
- SMRT Rapid Transit
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Singapore Travel Advice and Warnings