The U.S. Department of State and other world governments strongly warn citizens against travel to Saudi Arabia.
There is a continuing high threat of terrorism throughout the Arabian Peninsula and it is believed terrorists are planning further attacks. Targets could include government buildings, public areas, tourist sites and Western interests.
We will continue to monitor the current situation and update travel information and tourism sites as information is made available.
For now, the following sites can be visited to gain further knowledge about the country of Saudi Arabia.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS: GENERAL INTEREST:
- Calling Code: 966
- Electricity: 127/220V, 60Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Travel to Saudi Arabia in the summer should be to the coastal regions that lie near the Red Sea or the Persian Gulf, as the temperatures are quite mild, rarely rising above 100° F (38° C).
If the interior areas and the desert are the destination, the months of November and February are best for travel. The summers in the interior can easily reach 120° F (50° C) and even higher.
It is advised to avoid travel around Ramadan, the most religious observence in Islam. During that time, all observant Muslims observe the Fast of Ramadan, and many restaurants remain closed.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Al-Masjid al-Haram (Holy Mosque), Mecca
- Al-Masjid al-Nabawi (Prophet's Mosque), Medina
- Desert Sea Divers (Red Sea)
- Jeddah Guide
- King Fahad National Library
- Riyadh Tourism Guide
- Saudi Tourism Guide
- UNESCO Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
Saudi Arabia's Information
|Land Area||2,149,690 km2|
|Total Area||2,149,690km2 (#12)|
|Government Type||Absolute Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,730.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$54,100|
|More Information||Saudi Arabia|