|Land Area||11,586 km2|
|Total Area||11,586km2 (#158)|
|Government Type||Absolute Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$335.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$129,700|
View all cities in Qatar
The growing capital city of Doha and its national aquarium and museum, historic Doha Fort, the stunning Grand Mosque and Entertainment City are all notable points of interest. Some of the finest Islamic art is in Doha in the Museum of Islamic Art.
Qatar acts as a bridge between the East and the West and is the crossroads for economic, cultural and natural heritage. The calendar is full of international events including film festivals, sporting events such as golt tournaments and speed boat racing.
To the south is the Al Rayyan, home of the Qatar Equestrian Federation and its annual Arabian horse show and horse races; and along the coastal areas the Khor Al Udaid Beach; Sealine Beach Resort and Palm Tree Island.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 974
- Electricity: 240V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: The best time to travel to Qatar is November until early April. The weather is pleasant and mild with temperatures in the 80s° F (26s° C).
Qatar is extremely hot during the summer, almost unbearable.
Qatar has very little rainfall throughout the year. Sandstorms are common throughout the year, especially in the spring.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Beaches of Qatar
- Dress Code in Doha Qatar
- Msheireb Enrichment Centre
- Museum of Modern Art
- Online Guide to Qatar
- Qatar International Tours
- Qatar Parks
- Qatar Visitor Guide
- Tourist Attractions Guide
- UNESCO Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Qatar Travel Advice and Warnings