|Land Area||298,170 km2|
|Water Area||1,830 km2|
|Total Area||300,000km2 (#72)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$807.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$7,700|
|More Information||Philippines Map|
View all cities in Philippines
The Philippines is a lush tropical country with fascinating landscapes, active volcanoes, splendid beaches, coral waters and tropical rain forests. Transportation between islands is very affordable and efficient.
Favorite destinations include Manila, its many museums and World War II markers; the Banaue rice terraces; the world-famous White Beach on Boracay Island; Cebu and Palawan Islands; diving; the white beaches of Mindoro Island; the Taal Volcano and its volcanic lake, and the Spanish-Chinese colonial structures of Vigan in Ilocos - to mention just a few.
NOTE: It is strongly advised to avoid any travel to Mindanao and the Sulu archipelago because of on-going terrorist activity and clashes between the military and insurgent groups.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Visit My Philippines (Department of Tourism)
- Calling Code: 63
- Electricity: 220V, 60Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: The Philippines' tropical climate makes it a great destination any time of the year.
However, there are three distinct seasons: the wet and rainy season (June-October), the cooler and drier season (November-February) and the hot and dry season (March-May).
The middle of December to mid-May is considered to be one of the most desired times to visit as it is off-season for typhoons. Around Christmas and Easter, it is very crowded and transportation options will be limited.
January, May and December are the months that most of the colorful celebrations and fiestas take place.
May is the hottest month of the year, and quite humid.
- Bohol Guide
- Camiguin Island Attractions
- Cebu Travel Guide
- Diving in the Philippines
- Experience the Philippines
- Filipino Travel Center Tours
- Iwahig Prison and Penal Farm
- Manila American Cemetery and Memorial
- Palawan Destination Guide
- Philippines Travel Guide
- Top Ten Beaches
- Tourism Philippines Guide
- Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park
- Ultimate Travel Guide
- Underground River
- UNESCO Sites
- Visit Puerto Princesa
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Philippines Travel Advice and Warnings