|Land Area||770,875 km2|
|Water Area||25,220 km2|
|Total Area||796,095km2 (#35)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$988.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$5,100|
View all cities in Pakistan
The U.S. Department of State and other world governments strongly warn citizens against travel to Pakistan.
A number of extremist groups within Pakistan continue to target American and other Western interests, high-level Pakistani government officials, as well as members of minority indigenous groups. Bombings and assassinations continue, so western governments now advise their citizens to avoid travel into Pakistan, if at all possible.
In addition, the presence of al-Qaida, Taliban elements and militant sectarian groups pose a potential danger to travelers. Terrorists regularly attack civilian, government and foreign targets.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Pakistan Tourism Development Corp. (Government Tourism Office)
- Calling Code: 92
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Left
- Times to Travel: The southern area of Pakistan is best visited during the cooler months between November and April. Late spring, summer and early fall can be extremely hot.
Pakistan's north is best seen from May to October. During the winter months, the area may be snowbound.
It is advisable to avoid a trip during Ramadan, the Muslim month of fasting, as food is difficult to obtain during the daytime and most activities are minimal.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS: We will continue to monitor the current situation and update travel information and tourism sites as information is made available. For now, the following sites can be visited to gain further knowledge about the country of Pakistan.
Pakistan's main attractions (for adventure travelers) include the mountains of the Northern Areas, a large collection of national parks (central and south), cultural and archaeological tourism in Taxila, Moenjodaro, Harrappa, and the early Muslim and Mughal heritage in Multan, Lahore, Thatta, Peshawar and Swat.
In addition, bird watching tours, desert safaris, and basic trekking and mountaineering opportunities are available.
- Adventure Tours Pakistan
- All About Pakistan
- Karachi Guide
- Lahore Sites Guide
- Museum of Natural History
- National Parks
- Travel & Culture Tours
- UNESCO Sites
- Air Blue (Regional)
- Pakistan Airports
- Pakistan International Airlines
- Pakistan Railways
- Shaheen Air (Regional)
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Pakistan Travel Advice and Warnings