|Land Area||143,351 km2|
|Water Area||3,830 km2|
|Total Area||147,181km2 (#93)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$71.52 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$2,500|
View all cities in Nepal
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Nepal, as some travelers describe it, is the "last paradise" on earth. Nepal is a country of scenic beauty, festivals, temples and palaces (some dating back to the 10th century), arts and culture.
The Himalaya Mountains offer trekking trails, with more opening each year. And of course, for the mountaineering traveler, the highest mountain in the world, Mount Everest, lies in Nepal.
Nepal's other popular outdoor activities include bird watching, jungle safaris, riverside beaches, to mention just a few.
Note: Western travelers are advised by their governments to exercise a high degree of caution due to the volatile political and security situation. Strikes and violent clashes between demonstrators and security forces occur frequently.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Welcome to Nepal (Nepal Tourism Board)
- Calling Code: 977
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Left
- Times to Travel: Nepal is best visited during the spring and the fall.
Spring season is from the beginning of March to the end of May with only occasional rain. The fall season is early September to early December and offers sunny days and warm nights.
It is best to avoid travel from June to September as this is the monsoon season and rain falls nearly every day.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Adventure Tours
- Attractions - Kathmandu Valley
- Bhaktapur Tourism Guide
- Buddhist Temples in Nepal
- Garden of Dreams
- Kopan Monastery
- Lalitpur Historical Monuments
- Museums in Nepal
- Nepal Destination Guide
- Nepal Tourism Information
- Nepal Travel Guide
- Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal
- UNESCO Sites
- Unique Path Trekking & Expeditions
- Visit Nepal
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Nepal Travel Advice and Warnings