|Land Area||1,553,556 km2|
|Water Area||10,560 km2|
|Total Area||1,564,116km2 (#18)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$37.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$12,200|
View all cities in Mongolia
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Mongolia is one of the Asia's best kept secrets, but for those travelers who enjoy the outdoors and untouched natural beauty plus the hospitality of the nomadic people, it is a true paradise.
The Mongolian landscapes range from pristine rivers and lakes to wide-open spaces where horses, camels, yaks and reindeer graze to the Altai Mountains to the Gobi Desert. Truly, a unique environment.
Ulaanbaatar, the capital city (and the coldest in the world), is the cultural and business center of the country and offers quality museums, Buddhist temples and the famed Gandan Monastery - the most important monastery in the country, along with cafes, bars and plenty of nightlife.
Major treks of interest for the adventure traveler include the Gobi Desert; hot springs at Khangai; Khujirt, the 13th century capital of the Great Mongolian Empire; and the Mausoleum of Genghis Khan - located in the Ejin Horo Banner region.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 976
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: The "Land of Blue Sky", has four distinct seasons, each unique for its weather and climate conditions.
May to September is considered to be the most opportune time to visit with the peak season being in July in conjunction with the Naadam Festival.
For visits to the Gobi Desert area, consider June or September.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Adventure Tours
- Discover Mongolia Tours
- Gandan Tegchenling Monastery
- Gobi Expeditions
- Gun-Galuut Nature Reserve
- Hustai National Park
- Legend Tours
- Mongolia Tours
- National Museum
- Travel Guide Tours
- UNESCO Sites
- Visit Mongolia
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Mongolia Travel Advice and Warnings