|Land Area||10,230 km2|
|Water Area||170 km2|
|Total Area||10,400km2 (#161)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$85.16 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$18,500|
View all cities in Lebanon
Note: The U.S. Department of State and other world governments strongly warn citizens against travel to Lebanon due to current safety and security concerns.
We will continue to monitor the travel warnings and update as information becomes available. For further information about Lebanon, read below:
Lebanon is a country of archaeological treasures, including the World Heritage Sites of Aanjar, Baalbeck, Byblos, Tyre, Ouadi Qadisha and Forest of the Cedars.
The cities of Beirut and Tripoli, numerous ecotourism venues and ideal winter ski conditions in the mountains all add to its menu of attractions.
- Calling Code: 961
- Electricity: 110/220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Lebanon has a temperate Mediterranean climate with hot, dry summers and cold, wet winters.
The most popular time to visit is summer. The temperatures are mild 68 - 86° F (20 - 30° C) and there is little, if any, rain.
Spring and fall are also good times to visit. There is a chance of rain, but there are less crowds.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Beirut City Guide
- Beyond Beirut Guide
- Byblos Guide
- Downtown Beirut
- Jeita Grotto
- Moussa Castle
- Sacred Destinations - Lebanon
- Shouf Cedar Reserve
- Silk Museum
- Ski Lebanon
- Sursock Palace
- Tourism Portal
- Town of DeirElQamar
- Tripoli Guide
- UNESCO Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Lebanon Travel Advice and Warnings