|Land Area||2,699,700 km2|
|Water Area||25,200 km2|
|Total Area||2,724,900km2 (#9)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$469.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$25,700|
View all cities in Kazakhstan
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Kazakhstan is one of the world's least traveled-to destinations (for now).
Of the "stans" countries, it is the most economically advanced in its post-Soviet independence.
The social hub and former capital, Almaty has a European feel with first class hotels, charming boutiques, restaurants and cafes, along with casinos, museums and beautiful mountain scenery.
In the northern part of the country, Astana, the capital city, offers a unique blend of Islamic, Western and Soviet cultures.
Tourist facilities are limited in the outer regions of the country and travelers are advised to use Almaty or Astana as the base and to utilize the expertise of guides or tour operators.
Because it is a relatively new tourism destination, English is not widely spoken. It is difficult to get around the country without some Russian or Kazakh language knowledge.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Visit Kazakhstan Committee of Tourism Industry
- Calling Code: 7 +
- Electricity: 220V, 50 Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Kazakhstan has four distinct seasons, and like any destination, the weather can, at times, be unpredictable. Most travelers prefer to visit from late April to late October.
The climate is arid, except for the mountain ranges in the east and southeast.
During the summer, the skies are generally sunny with comfortable temperatures ranging from the low 80° F (26° C) in the central and southwest, to mid-70° F (21° C) in the south. Winters are very cold with temperatures commonly well below zero.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- About Kazakhstan Travel Guide
- Almaty Places of Interest
- Almaty Visitor Guide
- Astana Guide
- EcoTourism Information Resource Center
- Kazakhstan Tourism Association
- Palace of Peace and Accord
- Pavlodar Region Guide
- Regions of Kazakhstan
- Silk Road Adventure Tours
- South Kazakhstan Excursions
- Taraz Guide (Russian)
- Tourist Information Center
- Tours of Kazakhstan
- UNESCO Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Kazakhstan Travel Advice and Warnings