|Land Area||88,802 km2|
|Water Area||540 km2|
|Total Area||89,342km2 (#110)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$86.19 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$11,100|
View all cities in Jordan
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Nearly half of Jordan's population is concentrated in the Amman area and there are plenty of boutiques, restaurants, art galleries and other attractions.
Other major attractions include the Jordan Valley and Dead Sea; the rose-red city of Petra, one of Jordan's major tourist attractions offering giant red mountains, vast mausoleums, the Treasury, shrines and museums.
Other sites to see include Agaba and its sandy beaches, crusader and desert castles and a wide variety of biblical holy sites.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 962
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: With a range of geographic regions, Jordan's weather is pleasant, but diverse.
The mountainous region and the north feature a Mediterranean climate. Spring and fall are quite pleasant, summer is hot and winter tends to be rainy.
Amman is sunny and clear from May to October, with average temperatures around 73° F (23° C). July and August are hot and dry, with high temperatures of 100° F (38° C), but with an average humidity of only 30%, it is not unbearable.
Aqaba and the Jordan Valley are ideal winter resorts, with temperatures averaging 60 - 72° (16 - 22° C) between November and April and little rainfall.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- All In Jordan Guide
- Amman Guide
- Aqaba Beaches
- Jordan Eco-Tours
- Jordan Jubilee
- Jordan Museum
- Petra Archaeological Park
- Red Sea Diving Guide
- Responsible Travel Guide
- Sacred Destinations - Jordan
- Tourism Coalition
- Touristic Sites of Jordan
- UNESCO Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Jordan Travel Advice and Warnings