|Land Area||364,485 km2|
|Water Area||13,430 km2|
|Total Area||377,915km2 (#61)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$4,930.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$38,900|
View all cities in Japan
- Megumi Nakajima singer
- Crown Prince Naruhito crown prince of Japan
- Kei Nishikori tennis player
- Oda Nobunaga warrior, dictator
- Kanda Nobuo historian
- Kogo Noda screenwriter
- Yoshihiko Noda prime minister
- Motoori Norinaga scholar
- Ryoji Noyori Nobel laureate, chemist
- Keizo Obuchi former prime minister
- Kenzaburo Oe author, Nobel laureate
- Mori Ogai physician, translator, novelist, poet
- Yoko Ogawa writer
- Shun Oguri actor, film director
- Yoko Ono anti-war activist, artist, singer
- Koji Ota baseball player
- Edogawa Rampo novelist
- Yokomitsu Riichi writer
- Sen no Rikyu Japanese tea ceremony figure
- Akutagawa Ryunoske writer
- Hirotsu Ryuro writer
- Oda Sakunosuke author
- Mikio Sato mathematician
- Takuma Sato race car driver
- Takeru Satoh actor
- Homare Sawa football player
- Kanjuro Shibata XX bowmaker, kyudo teacher
- Murasaki Shikibu novelist, poet, lady-in-waiting Imperial Court Heian
- Goro Shimura mathematician
- Fujimura Shinichi archeologist
- Junzo Shono novelist
- Prince Shotoku regent
- Endo Shusaku author
- Ayako Sono writer
- Natsume Soseki writer
- Sowelu singer
- Masaki Sumitani wrestler, comedian
- Ichiro Suzuki baseball player
- Midori Suzuki educator, researcher
- Papaya Suzuki celebrity
- Shunryu Suzuki Zen master
- Zenko Suzuki former prime minister
- Teiji Takagi mathematician
- Jokichi Takamine chemist
- Kitano Takeshi actor, author, poet, painter, filmmaker
- Naoko Takeuchi manga artist
- Kenzo Tange architect
- Ryoko Tani Olympic medalist, judoka
- Jun'ichiro Tanizaki author
- Sin-Itiro Tomonaga physicist
- Terada Torahiko physicist, author
- Naito Torajiro historian
- Shimazaki Toson author
- Sakichi Toyoda inventor
- Mitsuo Tsukahara Olympic medalist, gymnast
- Naoya Tsukahara gymnast
- Shigeto Tsuru political economist
- Kohei Uchimura gymnast
- Kazuo Umezu author
- Jiro Watanabe boxer
- Koichi Yamadera actor
- Kawabata Yasunari novelist
- Shotaro Yasuoka writer
- Minamoto Yoritomo shogun
- Banana Yoshimoto novelist
- Akira Yoshimura writer
- Junnosuke Yoshiyuki novelist
- Fukuzawa Yukichi writer, teacher, translator, journalist
Submit your Famous Japanese
What is the Biggest City in Japan?
Tokyo is the largest city in Japan.
10 Biggest Cities In Japan
What Kind of Animals Live in Japan?
Some of the animals that are native to Japan include the red-crowned crane, the steller's sea lion, the Japanese pond turtle, the green pheasant, and the sika deer.
Animals Native to Japan
What Languages Are Spoken in Japan?
Japanese is the official language used in the country and is also the primary language in the country with over 125 million speakers. Besides the Japanese language, the other widely used language in Japan is the Ryukyuan language.
What Languages Are Spoken In Japan?
What Kind of Government Does Japan Have?
Japan's government is a constitutional monarchy where the Emperor's power is limited to mainly ceremonial duties. The government has three branches, the executive, legislature, and the judiciary.
What Type Of Government Does Japan Have?
What type of economy does Japan have?
Japan is the second most advanced economy in the world, the third largest by nominal GDP, and the 4th by PPP. The country is one of the world’s most innovative economies having the largest electronic goods industry and patent filings. Japan is also the world’s biggest creditor with the leading public debt ratio.
The Economy Of Japan
What Does the Flag of Japan Mean?
The Japanese flag represents the sun, which has important religious and mythological significance in the country.The crimson red color of the symbolic sun is said to represent a prosperous future for Japan. The white background color symbolizes the purity, honesty, and integrity of the people of Japan.