|Land Area||364,485 km2|
|Water Area||13,430 km2|
|Total Area||377,915km2 (#61)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$4,930.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$38,900|
View all cities in Japan
- Kobo Abe writer, playwright, photographer, inventor
- Ryuichi Abe professor
- Shinzo Abe former prime minister
- Hiroyuki Agawa author
- Sugiyama Ai tennis player
- Angela Aki singer, songwriter
- Akihito emperor
- Miki Ando figure skater
- Momofuku Ando entrepreneur, inventor
- Shizuka Arakawa Olympic medalist, figure skater
- Mori Arinori statesman, diplomat
- Mao Asada Olympic medalist, figure skater
- Kanichi Asakawa historian
- Tadanobu Asano actor
- Taro Aso former prime minister
- Kiyoshi Atsumi actor
- Nichiren Daishonin Buddhist monk
- Osamu Dazai author
- Fujita Den entrepreneur
- Dogen Zen Buddhist teacher
- Takao Doi astronaut
- Yuri Ebihara actress
- Eita actor
- Fumiko Enchi writer
- Shusaku Endo writer
- Tatsuya Fujiwara actor
- Yasuo Fukuda former prime minister
- Ai Fukuhara table tennis player
- Masatoshi Hamada comedian
- Murakami Haruki writer
- Yukio Hatoyama former prime minister
- Anno Hideaki film director
- Ichiyo Higuchi author
- Hirohito former emperor
- Hiroshi comedian
- Masami Hisamoto comedian
- Kenichi Horie yachtsman
- Masuji Ibuse author
- Kon Ichikawa film director
- Saburo Ienaga historian
- Tokugawa Ieyasu shogun
- Mao Inoue actress
- Nisio Isin novelist
- Kyoka Izumi author
- Naoto Kan former prime minister
- Yasunari Kawabata author, Nobel laureate
- Chieko Kawabe singer, actress
- Ikuko Kawai violinist
- Tange Kenzo architect
- Rinko Kikuchi actress
- Natsuo Kirino novelist
- Kosuke Kitajima Olympic medalist swimmer
- Takeshi Kitano comedian, actor, singer
- Shibasaburo Kitasato physician, bacteriologist
- Abe Kobo writer
- Junichiro Koizumi former prime minister
- Masatoshi Koshiba physicist
- Harumi Kurihara television personality
- Meisa Kuroki actress
- Akira Kurosawa painter, director
- Esaki Leona physicist, Nobel laureate
- Masao Maruyama scholar, historian
- Kobayashi Masaki director
- Crown Princess Masako crown princess of Japan
- Ryuhei Matsuda actor
- Ken Matsudaira actor
- Hideki Matsui baseball player
- Meiji emperor
- Yukio Mishima author
- Kazuo Miyagawa cinematographer
- Issey Miyake fashion designer
- Hayao Miyazaki artist, film director, animator
- Kenji Miyazawa poet, author
- Minae Mizumura novelist
- Yoshiro Mori former prime minister
- Kaori Muraji guitarist
- Haruki Murakami writer, translator
- Ryu Murakami novelist, filmmaker
- Koji Murofushi Olympic medalist, hammer thrower
- Miyamoto Musashi painter, warrior, journalist
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Japanese
What is the Biggest City in Japan?
Tokyo is the largest city in Japan.
10 Biggest Cities In Japan
What Kind of Animals Live in Japan?
Some of the animals that are native to Japan include the red-crowned crane, the steller's sea lion, the Japanese pond turtle, the green pheasant, and the sika deer.
Animals Native to Japan
What Languages Are Spoken in Japan?
Japanese is the official language used in the country and is also the primary language in the country with over 125 million speakers. Besides the Japanese language, the other widely used language in Japan is the Ryukyuan language.
What Languages Are Spoken In Japan?
What Kind of Government Does Japan Have?
Japan's government is a constitutional monarchy where the Emperor's power is limited to mainly ceremonial duties. The government has three branches, the executive, legislature, and the judiciary.
What Type Of Government Does Japan Have?
What Does the Flag of Japan Mean?
The Japanese flag represents the sun, which has important religious and mythological significance in the country.The crimson red color of the symbolic sun is said to represent a prosperous future for Japan. The white background color symbolizes the purity, honesty, and integrity of the people of Japan.
What Do the Colors and Symbols of the National Flag of Japan Mean?
What type of economy does Japan have?
Japan is the second most advanced economy in the world, the third largest by nominal GDP, and the 4th by PPP. The country is one of the world’s most innovative economies having the largest electronic goods industry and patent filings. Japan is also the world’s biggest creditor with the leading public debt ratio.