|Land Area||20,330 km2|
|Water Area||440 km2|
|Total Area||20,770km2 (#149)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy|
|GDP (PPP)||$297.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$34,800|
View all cities in Israel
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Major attractions within the country include the Dome of the Rock, Mount Zion; the Wailing Wall; the Tomb of David and the Israel Museum, home of the Dead Sea Scrolls; Tel Aviv, Israel's business center, with its nightlife, shopping and sandy beaches; Galilee and its biblical history and spa resorts; the therapeutic waters of the Dead Sea; the "City of Palm Trees", Jericho, one of the world's most continuously inhabited sites and the oldest fortified city in the world; and of course Bethlehem, the birthplace of Christ.
Note: The U. S. Department of State and other world governments warn their citizens of the risks of travel to Israel, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, and about threats to themselves and to U.S. interests in these locations. Travel to the Gaza Strip should be avoided.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 972
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Israel has a temperate climate with two main seasons. Winter is November to March and can be cold and rainy in most of the country. The summer months from April to October are hot and dry with minimal rainfall.
The best times to visit are March to June or October and November when temperatures are milder.
During September and October, the festivals of Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur take place and the country is flooded with visitors. During this time, accommodations, restaurants and other attractions are more expensive and very crowded.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Bethlehem Guide
- Dome of the Rock
- Haifi Travel Guide
- Holocaust History Museum
- In Israel Guide
- Israel Museum
- Museums Guide
- Noble Sanctuary (Al-Haram al-Sharif)
- Sacred Destinations - Israel
- Tel Aviv-Jaffa Tourism Guide
- Western Galilee Tourism Guide (Hebrew)
- Western Wall
- UNESCO Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Israel Travel Advice and Warnings