|Land Area||437,367 km2|
|Water Area||950 km2|
|Total Area||438,317km2 (#58)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$597.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$16,500|
View all cities in Iraq
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Civilian air and road travel within Iraq remains dangerous.
The United States completed its withdrawal of military forces from Iraq as of December 31, 2011. The ability of the Embassy to respond to situations in which U.S. citizens face difficulty, including arrests, is extremely limited.
- Calling Code: 964
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Iraq has an extreme desert climate most of the year.
Summer is very dry and temperatures can reach as high as 120° F (48° C), spring and winter are humid and warm, with average temperatures between 70 - 80 degrees F (21 - 26 degrees C).
Most visitors prefer to travel here in the spring and winter.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- We will continue to monitor the current situation and update travel information and tourism sites as information is made available. For now, the following sites can be visited to gain further knowledge about the country of Iraq.
- Babel Tours
- Baghdad, Largest City in Iraq
- Baghdad Monuments
- City of Karbala
- City of Najaf
- Erbil Online Guide
- Kurdistan Region
- Sacred Sites
- UNESCO Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Iraq Travel Advice and Warnings
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Iraq?
Arabs comprise the majority of Iraq's demography, while Kurds are the largest minority.