ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
India presents a mesmerizing collection of pulsating metropolises, colorful towns and villages, stunning beaches, countless fairs and festivals, forts, lakes, monasteries, monuments, mosques, museums, palaces, shopping bazaars, temples, wildlife parks, many UNESCO World Heritage sites, and an infinite variety of cultures and people.
In a place so varied and so interesting, it's difficult to provide a brief list of things to see and do, however, not to be missed are the Taj Mahal, one of the premier destinations in the world; nearby Agra Fort; Delhi, and the charms of both the old and new mixing together; the beaches and churches of Goa, and the beautiful Himalayan region.
In India, visitors are warned to exercise caution when in the vicinity of government installations, popular tourism sites, or when attending any public event throughout the country. In particular, the disputed region of Kashmir has experienced a number of terrorist incidents in recent years.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Tourism in India (Ministry of Tourism)
- Calling Code: 91
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Left
- Times to Travel: The favorite time for travel to India is the winter season, from October to February. The temperatures are cooler, areas of the northwest are dry, making travel easier in that region. This winter season is also when most of the major festivals are celebrated.
From March to May it is very hot and humid.
Mountain trekking in the Himalayas is best enjoyed from March to May and September to November.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Arunachal Pradesh Tourism Guide
- Assam Tourism Guide
- Bihar Tourism Guide
- Chandigarh Tourism Guide
- Chhattisgarh Tourism Guide
- Delhi Tourism Guide
- Eco Tourism
- Goa Tourism Guide
- Gujarat Tourism Guide
- Haryana Tourism Guide
- Himachal Tourism Guide
- Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Travel Guide
- Karnataka Tourism Guide
- Kerala Tourism Guide
- Maharashtra Tourism Guide
- Meghalaya Tourism Guide
- Monuments in Agra
- National Parks
- Northeast India Travel Guide
- Orissa Tourism Guide
- Palace on Wheels (Train Tour)
- Puducherry Tourism Guide
- Orissa Tourism Guide
- Rajasthan Tourism Guide
- Sacred Sites
- Taj Majal
- Tamil Nadu Tourism Guide
- Tourism of India
- UNESCO Sites
- Uttar Pradesh Tourism Guide
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
|Land Area||2,973,193 km2|
|Water Area||314,070 km2|
|Total Area||3,287,263km2 (#7)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$8,720.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$6,700|
In The News
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World