|Land Area||2,973,193 km2|
|Water Area||314,070 km2|
|Total Area||3,287,263km2 (#7)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$8,720.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$6,700|
View all cities in India
- Shriram Sharma Acharya seer, philosopher, scholar, visionary, reformer
- Aravind Adiga writer
- Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed former president
- Akbar former Mughal emperor
- Aruna Asaf Ali legendary heroine of India's freedom struggle
- Salim Ali ornithologist, naturalist
- Ustad Bade Ghulam Alikhan classical vocalist
- Mata Amritanandamayi spiritual leader
- Mulk Raj Anand novelist
- Mohammad Hamid Ansari politician
- Emperor Ashoka emperor
- Chandrashekhar Azad freedom fighter
- Amitabh Bachchan actor
- Harivansh Rai Bachchan poet
- Manoj Bajpai actor
- Anand Bakshi lyricist
- Bibhutibhushan Bandopadhyay writer, novelist
- Manik Bandopadhyay writer
- Tarashankar Bandopadhyay novelist
- Hirabai Barodekar classical music singer
- Manjit Bawa painter
- Kiran Bedi police officer
- Homi Bhabha atomic scientist
- Chetan Bhagat novelist, columnist, scriptwriter, motivational speaker
- Subramanya Bharathi poet, journalist, reformer, independence activist
- Dharamvir Bharati novelist, poet, playwright
- Bhaskara II mathematician, astronomer
- Bikash Bhattacharjee painter
- Vinoba Bhave spiritual leader
- Asha "Ashaji" Bhosle singer
- Jagdish Chandra Bose scientist
- Nandalal Bose painter
- Nethaji Subhas Chandra Bose revolutionary leader
- Subhas Chandra Bose revolutionary leader
- Rameshwar Broota painter
- Buddha religious leader
- Bankim Chandra Chatterjee novelist, poet
- Upamanyu Chatterjee officer, Indian administration service, author
- Sarat Chandra Chatterji novelist
- Makhanlal Chaturvedi freedom fighter, poet, journalist, playwright
- Nirad C. Chaudhuri writer, journalist
- Subhadra Kumari Chauhan poet
- Dilip Chitre poet, painter, filmmaker
- Deepak Chopra doctor, journalist
- Shobha De novelist
- Anita Desai novelist, writer
- Kiran Desai author
- Morarji Desai former prime minister
- Shashi Deshpande dramatist, scholar, literature
- Girija Devi vocalist
- Mahasweta Devi writer
- Mukul Chandra Dey printmaker
- Ramdhari Singh 'Dinkar' poet, essayist, academician, literary critic
- Michael Madhusudan Dutt writer, lecturer
- Hazari Prasad Dwivedi writer, critic, historian, scholar
- Mehr Lal Soni Zia Fatehabadi poet
- Kumar Gandharva singer
- Indira Gandhi former prime minister
- Mahatma Gandhi father of the nation
- Rajiv Gandhi former prime minister
- Sunil Gavaskar cricketer
- Aurobindo Ghose freedom fighter, poet, scholar, yogi, philosopher
- Varahagiri Venkata Giri former president
- H. D. Deve Gowda former prime minister
- Ramachandra Guha historian, writer, columnist
- Inder Kumar Gujiral former prime minister
- Satish Gujral painter, sculptor, architecture
- Maithili Sharan Gupt poet, dramatist, translator
- Gangubai Hangal classical vocalist
- Bharatendu Harishchandra novelist, poet, playwright
- Kaka Hathrasi poet
- Anna Hazare social activist
- Muhammad Hidayatullah former president
- M F Hussain painter
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Indian
What is the Biggest City in India?
With a population of 18.4 million people, Mumbai is the largest city in India by population.
The 10 Largest Cities in India
What Languages are Spoken in India?
Hindi is the most spoken language in India, and also one of the country's official languages. Around 550 million people in India speak Hindi. After Hindi, English is the most widely spoken language in the country, with around 125 million speakers. Bengali, Telugu, Marathi, Tamil, Urdu, and Kannada are all also spoken.
What Language Is Spoken in India?
What are the Largest Ethnic Groups in India?
The five major ethnic groups of Dravidian people in India are Kannadiga, Malayali, Tulu, Tamil, and Telugu.
Biggest Ethnic Groups In India
What Were the Indo-Pakistan Wars?
India and Pakistan have gone to war against each other four times since their independence from the U.K. and subsequent partition into separate sovereign states.
The Indo-Pakistan Wars
What is the Most Popular Newspaper in India?
The most popular newspaper in India is the Dainik Bhaskar, which has a circulation of around 3.8 million.
The Most Popular Newspapers In India
What is the percentage of people belonging to the Scheduled tribes in India's population?
The Scheduled tribes make about 8.6% of India’s total population.