Hong Kong's Information
|Land Area||1,073 km2|
|Water Area||35 km2|
|Government Type||Presidential Limited Democracy; A Special Administrative Region Of The PRC|
|GDP (PPP)||$427.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$58,100|
|More Information||Hong Kong|
View all cities in Hong Kong
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Hong Kong, one of the world's most sophisticated cities, offers a cultural diversity and natural beauty second to none.
Major tourism magnets include Victoria Peak and the Peak Tower's terraces which offer spectacular views of the skyline and Victoria Harbor; Ocean Park's marine life, bird aviary and butterfly house; numerous hiking and walking paths; Stanley, and the stunning Tin Hau Temple; the beach at Repulse Bay, and shopping in Kowloon's "Golden Mile."
From Hong Kong, short journeys with guided tours into mainland China are easy to arrange.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Discover Hong Kong (Hong Kong Tourism Board)
- Calling Code: 852
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Left
- Times to Travel: The climate of Hong Kong is sub-tropical with cool, dry winters and hot, humid summers.
December, January and February have occasional cold fronts where temperatures can drop below 50° F (10° C).
March and April are quite pleasant, but at times there is high humidity, fog and drizzle.
June to September are the hottest months and the most prone period of time to tropical cyclones.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Antiquities and Monuments
- Avenue of Stars
- Beaches of Hong Kong Island
- Beaches in the New Territories
- Heritage Trails
- Hong Kong Disneyland
- Hong Kong Extras Guide
- Hong Kong Highlights
- Hong Kong Outdoors
- Hong Kong Travel
- Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden
- Ladies Market
- Lake Egret Nature Park
- Monuments in Hong Kong
- Nan Lian Garden
- Ping Shan Tang Clan Gallery
- Po Lin Monastery (Home of the Big Buddha)
- Stanley Market
- Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery
- The Peak Hong Kong
- West Kowloon Cultural District
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Hong Kong Travel Advice and Warnings