|Land Area||9,326,410 km2|
|Water Area||270,550 km2|
|Total Area||9,596,960km2 (#4)|
|Government Type||Communist State|
|GDP (PPP)||$21,100.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$14,600|
|Currency||Yuan Renminbi (CNY)|
View all cities in China
In The News
A - B
- Zhang Ailing novelist
- Li Ao writer
- Lu Banglie activist
- Chen Baogu actor
- Fu Baoshi artist
- Niu Ben actor
- Fu Biao actor
- Ma Biao chairman government of Guangxi
- Li Bing football player
- Fan Bingbing actress, singer
- He Binglin chemist
- Zhang Binglin phonologist
- Bingyi artist, curator, scholar, architectural designer, cultural critic, activist
- Yu Bo actor
- Wang Canfa professor, lawyer
- Charlie Chan fictional detective
- Johnny Chan poker player
- Lien Chan politician
- Y.R. Chao phonologist, dialectologist
- Wan Chaochen animator
- Calvin Chen singer, actor
- Tien-Fong Cheng educator, politician, diplomat
- Yen Chia-jin former president
- Cecilia Sun Yun Chiang chef
- John Chiang actor
- Wang Chien-shien former finance minister
- Li Ching table tennis player
- Chiang Ching-kuo former president
- Soong Ching-ling former president
- Zu Chongzhi mathematician, astronomer
- Vic Chou actor, singer
- Athena Chu actress, singer
- Guo Chunning graphic designer
- Empress Dowager Cixi Qing dynasty de facto leader
- Confucius politician, teacher, editor, social philosopher
- Li Cunxin ballet dancer
- Yu Dan professor
- Zhao Dan actor
- Zhou Dan lawyer, scholar, activist
- Sun Daolin actor, film director
- Chen Daoming actor
- Chen Daqi politician
- Li Dazhao editor, critic
- Gan De astronomer
- Zhu De general, politician, revolutionary
- Wu Di critic, historian
- Wan Dihuan filmmaker
- Liu Dingshuang former secretary communist party of China
- Su Dongpo poet
- Li Dongyang Ming Dynasty scholar
- Mao Dun writer
- Chen Duxiu co-founder of the Communist party
- Chou Enlai former premier
- Zhou Enlai former premier
- Liang Fa preacher
- Li Fan actor
- Zhang Fengyi actor
- Xu Fu court sorcerer in the Qin Dynasty
- King Fuchai former king of Wu
- Wang Fuli actress
- Willie Fung actor
- Zhan Furui librarian, literary critic
- Xie Fuzhi military commander
- Chen Gang composer
- Wang Gang actor
- Hu Ge actor
- Han Geng singer, dancer, actor
- Feng Gong actor, film director
- King Goujian former king of Yue
- Pan Guang professor, director
- Sima Guang historian, scholar, high chancellor of the Song Dynasty
- Chen Guangcheng civil rights activist
- Zhu Guangqian founder of the study of aesthetics in China
- Wan Guchan filmmaker
- Yang Guifei emperor's consort
- Yuan Guiren academic, minister of education
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Chinese
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
China provinces, municipalities, autonomous regions & their capitals
What is the Largest City in China?
Guangzhou is the largest city in China by metro population, with more than 44 million people.
The Largest Cities In China
Which Are The Biggest Industries In China?
The manufacturing, mining, energy, and agricultural industries are China's largest industries. Manufacturing is by far the biggest industry in China accounting for 46.8% of the country’s GDP.
The Biggest Industries In China
What Animals Are Threatened in China?
The big cats like South China Tiger and Amur Leopard are critically endangered due to loss of habitats and poaching. Many of the big cats like tiger or small cats like lynx are hunted for their fur. Moreover, the South China Tiger, leopards and Asian golden cats are hunted for their bones which are used in traditional medicines
Endangered Animals in China
What Kind of Plants are Native to China?
The native flora of China is diverse with more than 30,000 plant species, and some of these species grow only in China. They include the dove tree, the dawn redwood, the Yunnan cypress, and the China fir.
Plants Native to China
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in China?
More than 9 in every 10 residents of the People's Republic of China are ethnic Han Chinese. The ethnic group has a 91.59% of the overall Chinese population descent. The other 55 ethnic groups make up the minority consisting 8.41% of the total population.
The Largest Ethnic Groups In China
What is the Leading Cause of Death in China?
Malignant neoplasms (cancer) are responsible for 28% of all deaths in China, making them the leading causes of deaths in the country.