|Land Area||176,515 km2|
|Water Area||4,520 km2|
|Total Area||181,035km2 (#88)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$58.94 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$3,700|
View all cities in Cambodia
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Cambodia is one of Asia's most appealing destinations. In addition to its rich culture and history, the miles of unspoiled beaches, rivers, waterfalls and tropical forests are strong magnets for adventure travelers.
Major points-of-interest include the capital city of Phnom Penh and its Silver Pagoda, Royal Palace, and colorful markets; the temples of Angkor, one of the most astonishing architectural accomplishments on the planet, and the remains of the Kampot area, once the fashionable haunt of the French elite, and reportedly home to the tastiest seafood in the country.
Note: There is a heightened security threat to Westerners and Western interests throughtout Southeast Asia. Visitors should maintain a high level of personal security at all times.
It is strongly advised to avoid all travel to the Cambodian-Thai border area as there have been frequent clashes over a border dispute. These clashes have included gunfire and artillery exchanges resulting in several fatalities and evacuation of citizens. The presence of landmines has been reported.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Tourism of Cambodia (Ministry of Tourism)
- Calling Code: 855
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Cambodia's weather varies from warm to very hot during the year.
Most visitors prefer the cool and dry season, between November and February. From March to May, it is hot and dry, and can be quite oppressive.
From June through August, it is hot and wet and tourism is at its lowest.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Battambang Travel Guide
- Cambodia Attractions
- Cambodia Travel Tips Information Center
- Destination Cambodia
- Koh Kong, Gateway to Cambodia
- Ministry of Tourism
- National Museum
- Places to Visit Guide
- Responsible Tourism
- Sacred Sites and Places
- UNESCO Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Cambodia Travel Advice and Warnings