Brunei Darussalam's Information
|Land Area||5,265 km2|
|Water Area||500 km2|
|Total Area||5,765km2 (#163)|
|Government Type||Absolute Monarchy Or Sultanate (locally Known As Malay Islamic Monarchy)|
|GDP (PPP)||$33.73 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$79,700|
View all cities in Brunei Darussalam
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Residents of Brunei call their country the "Abode of Peace," and international travelers rave about its reverent and respectful people, grand mosques, quiet river journeys and the virgin rainforests that cover over 70% of the country.
The capital city, Bandar Seri Begawan, site of the stunning Royal Palace with over 1,750 rooms, also offers western-style shopping, good hotels, quality restaurants, and numerous religious monuments and museums.
Additional recommended points-of-interest in Brunei include Kampong Ayer - the largest river village in Asia; the House of Twelve Roofs; Kampong Parit; Church of St. Andrews; Merimbun Park, and the Temburong National Park - only reachable by boat or plane.
- Calling Code: 673
- Electricity: 240V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Left
- Times to Travel: Brunei, located near the Equator, is a destination to be visited any time of the year.
Temperatures remain warm throughout the year, with an average daily temperature between 75° F to 90° F (24°C to 30°C) and humidity is high.
The hottest months are March and April. Heavy rains are prevalent from December to March.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Association of Travel Agents
- Brunei Attractions
- Brunei Bay
- Brunei Darussalam, Abode of Peace
- Brunei Museum
- Brunei Tours
- Recreational Parks
- Ulu Temburong National Park
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Brunei Travel Advice and Warnings