|Land Area||38,394 km2|
|Total Area||38,394km2 (#133)|
|Government Type||Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$6.43 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$8,100|
View all cities in Bhutan
B - D
- R.K. Budhathoki former chairman of Bhutan People's Party
- Chencho football player
- Tshering Chhoden archer
- Kunzang Choden writer
- Dorji Dema archer
- Punya Prasad Dhakal human rights activist
- Kesang C. Dorjee journalist, filmmaker
- Ap Chuni Dorji poet
- Chenkyab Dorji diplomat
- Drungtsho Pema Dorji physician
- Jigme Palden Dorji politician
- Kelly Dorji actor
- Kinzang Dorji former prime minister
- Lhendup Dorji former acting prime minister
- Rinzin Dorji runner
- Sonam Topgay Dorji politician
- Ugyen Dorji politician
- Wangay Dorji football player
- Lama Gyurme monk, musician
- Jubzhang Jubzhang archer
- Tsokye Tsomo Karchun actress
- Je Khenpo Bhutan Buddhist Monk
- Jigme Namgyal politician
- Sangay Ngedup former prime minister
- Tashi Peljor archer
- Dechen Pem singer, producer, actress
- Jetsun Pema Queen consort of Bhutan
- Daw Penjo ambassador
- S.K. Pradhan human rights activist
- Gyalse Tenzin Rabgye former secular ruler of Bhutan
- Pema Rinchen football player
- Tek Nath Rizal politician, human rights activist
- Shabdrung Bhutan Buddhist Monk
- Sonam Tenzin football player
- Jigme Thinley prime minister
- Tshering Tobgay politician
- Dawa Tshering former minister of foreign affairs
- Passang Tshering football player
- Ugyen Tshering politician, minister of foreign affairs
- Vikalpa politician
- Dorji Wangchuck member of the royal family
- Druk Gyalpo Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck reigning King
- Jigme Singye Wangchuck former king
- Kesang Choden Wangchuck member of royal family
- Sangay Choden Wangchuck member of royal family
- Tshering Pem Wangchuck member of royal family
- Ugyen Wangchuck former king
- Khandu Wangchuk former prime minister
- Sangay Wangchuk long distance runner
- Chimi Wangmo athlete
- Yeshey Zimba politician
Submit your Famous Bhutanese
What Kind of Government Does Bhutan Have?
Since 18 July 2008, the Government of Bhutan has been a constitutional monarchy with the King being the Head of State and the Prime Minister heads the executive branch of the government.
What Type Of Government Does Bhutan Have?
What Languages are Spoken in Bhutan?
The Sino-Tibetan language of Dzongkha serves as the mother tongue of the Bhutanese people residing in eight western districts of the country. The language is used in government administration and as the medium of instruction in Bhutan’s schools. The language uses the Tibetan alphabet for writing.
Which Languages Are Spoken in Bhutan?
What are the Ecological Regions of Bhutan?
The ecological regions in Bhutan are divided into six Biomes including tropical and subtropical moist broadleaf forests, tropical and subtropical grasslands, savannas, and shrublands.
Ecological Regions Of Bhutan
What is the biggest city in Bhutan?
Thimpu is the Kingdom of Bhutan’s largest and capital city. Around 115,000 people live in the city.
Biggest Cities And Towns In Bhutan
Who Was the First Prime Minister of Bhutan?
Jigme Thinley was the first prime minister of Bhutan, holding office between 1998 and 1999.
Prime Ministers of Bhutan
What is the Largest National Park in Bhutan?
The Wangchuck Centennial Park is Bhutan’s largest national park and encompasses an area of 4,914 square km. Tibet lies to the north of the park while the tributaries of the Wong Chhu border it in the west. The Wangchuck Centennial Park was established on December 12, 2008, in the honor of the Wangchuck dynasty of the country. Several middle-Himalayan ecoregions ranging from blue pine forests at lower altitudes to alpine meadows at higher altitudes are found here.