|Land Area||130,170 km2|
|Water Area||18,290 km2|
|Total Area||148,460km2 (#92)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$628.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$3,900|
View all cities in Bangladesh
- Shahriyar Kabir author, journalist
- Panna Kaiser author, novelist
- Shahidullah Kaiser novelist, writer
- A H M Kamruzzaman national leader of Bangladesh liberation war
- Sayeed Hassan Kanan football player
- Mohammad Ataul Karim scientist
- Sardar Fazlul Karim scholar, academic, essayist, philosopher
- Akbar Ali Khan economist, educationist
- Azam Khan singer
- Fazlur Khan structural engineer
- Irene Khan human rights activist
- Morshed Khan former foreign minister
- Muhammad Siddiq Khan librarian, pioneer in library science
- Shakib Khan actor
- Runa Laila singer
- Lalon poet
- Zobera Rahman Linu table tennis player
- Anandamayi Ma Hindu teacher, guru
- Manna actor
- Tareque Masud film director
- Tanvir Mokammel film director
- A. H. M. Moniruzzaman diplomat
- Mashrafe Mortaza cricketer
- Anu Muhammad economist, political activist
- Niaz Murshed chess player
- Mohammad Mushfiqur cricketer
- Ron Mustafaa actor
- Shahabuddin Nagari poet, writer, singer
- M. A. Naser engineer
- Asaduzzaman Noor actor, politician, activist
- M.A.G. Osmani commander-in-chief Bangladesh Forces
- Ayub Quadri bureaucrat
- Iqbal Quadir entrepreneur
- Mohammad Rafique cricketer
- Atiur Rahman economist
- Khan Ataur Rahman actor, director, producer, composer, singer
- Matiur Rahman journalist
- Shah Azizur Rahman former prime minister
- Shamsur Rahman poet, columnist, journalist
- Sheikh Mujibur Rahman father of the Bangladesh nation, former president, former prime minister
- Tarique Rahman politician
- Ziaur Rahman army officer, former president, former prime minister
- Shahnaz Rahmatullah singer
- Zahir Raihan novelist, writer, filmmaker
- Abdullah Al Rakib chess player
- Bibi Russell fashion designer
- Syed Rumman Bin Wali Sabbir football player
- Kazi Salahuddin football player
- Arunabh Sarkar poet
- Suchitra Sen actress
- Rudra Mohammad Shahidullah poet
- Kamal Uddin Siddiqui economist, social scientist
- Rehman Sobhan economist, intellectual
- Ahmed Sofa writer
- S.M. Sultan painter
- Sheikh Hasina Wazed prime minister
- Sabin Yasmin singer
- Muhammad Yunus economist
- Mahbub Jamal Zahedi journalist
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Bangladeshi
Where is Bangladesh?
Bangladesh is a country located in South Asia.
Fun Facts about Bangladesh
What Language is Spoken in Bangladesh?
Bengali or Bangla, the official and national language of Bangladesh, is also the language spoken by the majority of people of the country.
What Languages Are Spoken In Bangladesh?
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Bangladesh?
The largest ethnic group in Bangladesh are the Bengali people, at 98%.
Ethnic Groups In Bangladesh
What is the Major Religion in Bangladesh?
Most Bangladeshis are Sunni Muslims, while Hindus are the largest religious minority in the country.
Religious Beliefs In Bangladesh
What is the Longest River in Bangladesh?
The Brahmaputra River is one of the greatest in Asia and the longest to pass through Bangladesh, covering a length of 1,802 miles, and also cutting across India, Bhutan, and China. It starts from Kailash in northern Tibet and ends in the Bay of Bengal.
Major Rivers Of Bangladesh
What is the Biggest City in Bangladesh?
The largest city in Bangladesh is Dhaka. The latest UN report labels Dhaka as the fastest growing mega city in the world, estimating the growth will see its population reach as high as 10 million or even more in the near future.