|Land Area||130,170 km2|
|Water Area||18,290 km2|
|Total Area||148,460km2 (#92)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$628.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$3,900|
View all cities in Bangladesh
- Fazle Hasan Abed social worker
- Zainul Abedin painter
- Khondaker Mostaq Ahmad former president
- Tajuddin Ahmad statesman, former prime minister
- A. F. Salahuddin Ahmed historian
- Humayun Ahmed writer, filmmaker
- Moudud Ahmed former prime minister
- Muzaffar Ahmed economist, professor
- Shahabuddin Ahmed former president, former chief justice
- Tajuddin Ahmed statesman, former prime minister
- Abdullah-Al-Muti scientist
- Maqsudul Alam scientist, professor
- Shahidul Alam photographer
- Alaol poet
- Khan Jahan Ali Muslim Saint
- Monica Ali writer
- Muhammad Mansur Ali founding leader, former prime minister
- Syed Modasser Ali pioneer in ophthalmology
- Mahfuz Anam editor
- Tahmima Anam writer, novelist
- Mohammad Ashraful cricketer
- Sheikh Aslam football player
- Atisha Buddhist teacher
- Abdus Samad Azad diplomat, former foreign minister
- Rafiq Azad poet
- Ghulam Azam political leader
- Gaura Kisora dasa Babaji Hindu Saint
- Ayub Bachchu musician
- Habibul Bashar cricketer
- Maulana Abdul Hamid Bhashani political leader
- Reefat Bin-Sattar chess player
- Bobita actress
- Anwar Choudhury diplomat
- Munier Choudhury educationist, playwright, critic
- Salah Choudhury editor
- Aminul Islam Chowdhury politician
- A.Q.M. Badruddoza Chowdhury former president
- Matia Chowdhury politician
- Mukhlesur Rahman Chowdhury advisor
- Brojen Das swimmer who crossed the English channel four times
- Sumita Devi actress
- Akhteruzzaman Elias novelist, writer
- Hussain Muhammad Ershad former president
- Humayun Faridi actor
- Shah M. Faruque microbiologist
- Abul Fateh diplomat, statesman
- Mirza Ghulam Hafiz statesman, politician, philanthropist
- Rani Hamid chess player
- Nasreen Pervin Haq women's rights activist
- Saleemul Haq scientist
- Sikdar Aminul Haq poet, author
- Waheedul Haq journalist, writer
- Shakib Al Hasan cricketer
- Mainul Hosein editor
- Kamal Hossain politician, statesman, lawyer
- Khandkar Manwar Hossain statistician
- Altaf Husain journalist
- Roquia Sakhawat Hussain writer, social worker
- Abul Hussam chemistry professor
- Tamim Iqbal cricketer
- Jamal Nazrul Islam mathematical physicist, cosmologist
- Syed Nazrul Islam former acting president
- Syed Jahangir artist
- Jasimuddin poet, songwriter
- Zillur Rahman John mime
- Abdul Jolil politician
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Bangladeshi
Where is Bangladesh?
Bangladesh is a country located in South Asia.
Fun Facts about Bangladesh
What is the Longest River in Bangladesh?
The Brahmaputra River is one of the greatest in Asia and the longest to pass through Bangladesh, covering a length of 1,802 miles, and also cutting across India, Bhutan, and China. It starts from Kailash in northern Tibet and ends in the Bay of Bengal.
Major Rivers Of Bangladesh
What Language is Spoken in Bangladesh?
Bengali or Bangla, the official and national language of Bangladesh, is also the language spoken by the majority of people of the country.
What Languages Are Spoken In Bangladesh?
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Bangladesh?
The largest ethnic group in Bangladesh are the Bengali people, at 98%.
Ethnic Groups In Bangladesh
What is the Major Religion in Bangladesh?
Most Bangladeshis are Sunni Muslims, while Hindus are the largest religious minority in the country.
Religious Beliefs In Bangladesh
What is the Biggest City in Bangladesh?
The largest city in Bangladesh is Dhaka. The latest UN report labels Dhaka as the fastest growing mega city in the world, estimating the growth will see its population reach as high as 10 million or even more in the near future.