|Land Area||652,230 km2|
|Total Area||652,230km2 (#40)|
|Government Type||Presidential Islamic Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$64.08 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$2,000|
View all cities in Afghanistan
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
There is an ongoing threat to kidnap and assassinate U.S. citizens and Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) workers throughout the country. The ability of Afghan authorities to maintain order and ensure the security of citizens and visitors is limited.
Remnants of the former Taliban regime and the terrorist al-Qaida network, and other groups hostile to the government, remain active, as U.S.-led military operations continue in this war-torn country.
- Calling Code: 93
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Afghanistan's continental climate brings high temperatures differences between day and night and summer and winter.
The fall is the best time to visit, as the weather is warm and dry. In the summer, the heat is extreme, except in the mountains. During the winter, most of the country is blanketed with snow.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- We will continue to monitor the current situation and update travel information and tourism sites as information is made available. For now, the following sites can be visited to gain further knowledge about the country of Afghanistan.
- Explore Afghanistan
- Major Cities of Afghanistan
- Tourist Spots in Afghanistan
- UNESCO Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Afghanistan Travel Advice and Warnings
This page was last updated on April 22, 2016.