|Land Area||24,668 km2|
|Water Area||1,670 km2|
|Total Area||26,338km2 (#144)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$21.97 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$1,900|
View all cities in Rwanda
A - D
- Alphonsine Agahozo swimmer
- Simon Bikindi singer, songwriter
- Agnes Binagwaho physician, politician
- Jean-Damascene Bizimana diplomat, ambassador
- Pasteur Bizimungu former president
- Dieudonne Disi long-distance, cross country runner
- Gabriel Gabiro journalist
- Yuhi III Gahindiro former king
- Callixte Gakwaya lawyer
- Anastase Gasana politician, diplomat
- Eugene-Richard Gasana diplomat
- Kenny Gasana basketball player
- Claver Gatete politician, ambassador
- Marcel Gatsinzi soldier, politician
- Pamela Girimbabazi swimmer
H - I
- Pierre Damien Habumuremyi prime minister
- Agathe Habyarimana former first lady
- Emmanuel Habyarimana soldier, politician
- Juvenal Habyarimana former president
- Immaculee Ilibagiza author, motivational speaker
- Charles Ingabire journalist, editor
- Augustin Iyamuremye politician, academic
- Eric Kabera journalist, filmmaker
- Donald Kaberuka economist
- Rose Kabuye army officer, freedom fighter, politician
- Jeannette Nyiramongi Kagame first lady
- Paul Kagame president
- Jacqueline Kalimunda film producer, director, writer
- Andre Kameya journalist, editor, politician
- Janvier Kanyamashuli ambassador
- Emmanuel Karenzi Karake army officer
- Karaka Karenze army leader
- Tharcisse Karugarama politician
- Joseph Kavaruganda judge
- Gregoire Kayibanda former president
- Ellis Kayijuka basketball player
- Bernard Makuza former prime minister, ambassador
- Patrick Kayumbu Mazimhaka politician
- Dominique Mbonyumutwa former interim president
- Carlos Mugabo basketball player
- Prosper Mugiraneza politician, lawyer
- Jeanne d'Arc Mujawamariya politician
- Jacqueline Mukansonera human rights activist
- Godelieve Mukasarasi social worker, rural development activist
- Charles Murigande politician
- Louise Mushikiwabo politician
- Yuhi V Musinga former king
- Jean Mutsinzi jurist
- Jean Pierre Mvuyekure long-distance runner
- John Nagenda cricketer
- Kigeli V Ndahindurwa former king
- Landoald "Lando" Ndasingwa politician
- Samson Ndayishimiye swimmer
- Augustin Ndindiliyimana armed forces general
- Jackson Niyomugabo swimmer
- Adrien Niyonshuti bicycle racer
- Jean de Dieu Nkundabera paralympic medalist, wheelchair racer
- Sylvestre Nsanzimana former prime minister
- Zac Nsenga ambassador
- Dismas Nsengiyaremye former prime minister
- Jean Damascene Ntawukuliryayo politician
- Mathias Ntawulikura long-distance runner
- Jean de Dieu Ntiruhungwa politician
- Faustin Kayumba Nyamwasa army officer, ambassador
- Epiphanie Nyirabarame marathon, long-distance runner
- Odette Nyiramilimo physician, politician
- Jacques "Jack" Nziza presidential military advisor
- Sonia Rolland actress
- Mutara III Rudahigwa former king
- Jean-Leonard Rugambage journalist
- Olivier Rukundo politician
- Paul Rusesabagina humanitarian
- Mibambwe IV Rutarindwa former king
- Amandin Rutayisire basketball player
- Kigeli IV Rwabugili former king
- Cesar Rwagasana swimmer
- Pierre-Celestin Rwigema former prime minister
- Alpha Rwirangira singer, songwriter
- Andre Kagwa Rwisereka politician
- Mutara II Rwogera former king
- Jean-Paul Samputu singer, songwriter, musician
- Joseph Sebarenzi politician
- Benjamin Sehene author
- Leonce Sekama swimmer
- Seth Sendashonga politician
- Richard Sezibera politician, diplomat, civil servant
- Andre Sibomana priest, journalist, human rights activist
- Theodore Sindikubwabo former president
- Faustin Twagiramungu politician
- Marc Twagirumukiza physician, clinical researcher
- Louise Uwacu writer, speaker
- Agathe Uwilingiyimana former prime minister
- Juvenal Uwilingiyimana politician
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Rwandan
What Languages are Spoken in Rwanda?
Kinyarwanda is a Bantu ethnic language with more than 12 million speakers in various countries including the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Uganda, and Rwanda. In Rwanda, Kinyarwanda is an official language and the only ethnic language.
What Languages Are Spoken in Rwanda?
What are the ethnic groups of Rwanda?
84% of the Rwanda population are Hutu, 15% are Tutsi, and 1% are Twa.
Ethnic Groups Of Rwanda
Which Is The Most Populous City In Rwanda?
Kigali, the capital of Rwanda, is the most populous city in the country with 745,261 residents. Kigali encompasses an area of 280 square miles in central Rwanda and sits at an elevation of 5,141 feet above sea level. Kigali is a relatively new settlement in the history of Rwanda and was established in 1907 during German colonial rule. It did not become the capital of the country until 1962, the year of Rwandan independence. The economy of this city relies on the nearby tin ore mining operations, from where the ore is brought into the city for processing.
Biggest Cities In Rwanda
Which Countries Border Rwanda?
Rwanda is bordered by four countries: Uganda to the north, Tanzania to the east, Burundi to the south and the Democratic Republic of Congo to the west.
Which Countries Border Rwanda?
What are the Ecological Regions of Rwanda?
Ecological regions of Rwanda include the Albertine Rift Montane Forests and the Ruwenzori-Virunga Montane Moorlands.
Ecological Regions Of Rwanda
What is the Currency of Rwanda?
The official currency of Rwanda is the Rwandan franc.