|Land Area||341,500 km2|
|Water Area||500 km2|
|Total Area||342,000km2 (#63)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$30.27 Billion|
View all cities in Congo
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
The Republic of the Congo is a developing country in central Africa, with limited tourism facilities.
Many national governments strongly recommend no travel to the Pool region and to avoid non-essential travel to other areas except for the cities of Brazzaville and Pointe-Noire, where a high degree of caution should be exercised.
The Congo's main attractions are its tropical rainforest, and the amazing variety of animals including chimpanzees, lowland gorillas, elephants, hippopotamus, leopards.
Points of interest for any visitor to the Congo include the coastal beaches near Pointe-Noire, cruising the Congo River and Odzala National Park.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 242
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Congo's climate is tropical and wet.
There are two rainy seasons: March to May and the second between September and December.
The best time to visit is during the dry seasons: January, February, June, July or August. July is the most popular month as the weather is cool and dry and animals are more visible.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Birdwatching in Congo Brazzaville
- Congo Arts Gallery
- Congo-Brazzaville Guide
- Lango Safari Camp
- Ngaga Safari Camp
- Odzala-Kokoua National Park
- UNESCO Sites
- Wilderness Safaris
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Congo Travel Advice and Warnings