The Central African Republic (CAR) is landlocked and remote, and its lack of air access makes it an expensive destination to reach.
Note: Most governments, at this time, advise their citizens to avoid all travel to Central African Republic due to the deteriorating security situation.
Worldatlas.com will continue to monitor the situation and post updated information as it becomes available. In the meantime, the links below will offer a glimpse into this beautiful country.
Attractions in CAR country include the Chutes De Boali (a series of spectacular waterfalls); the Dzanga-Sangha National Park and its gorilla and elephant population; Bamingi Bangoro National Park; St. Floris National Park; Andre Felix National Park and the ancient megaliths of Bouar.
Due to underdevelopment and extreme poverty, accommodations and services are very limited.
- Calling Code: 236
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Central African Republic's climate is tropical with dry harmattan (winds that blow sands from the Sahara) in the north and occasional flooding in the south.
The geography of CAR is flat with rolling plateaus and hills in the northeast part of the country.
From November to April, the weather is warm and pleasant with plenty of sunshine.
May to October is the rainy season and in addition to the rain, temperatures can be very hot.
- Adventure Holidays and Tours
- Attractions and Destinations
- Dzanga Sangha Reserve
- UNESCO Sites
- Visitor Information
- Wildlife Adventures Safaris
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Central African Republic Travel Advice and Warnings
Central African Republic's Information
|Land Area||622,984 km2|
|Total Area||622,984km2 (#44)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$3.21 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$700|
|More Information||Central African Republic|