Cape Verde's Information
|Land Area||4,033 km2|
|Total Area||4,033km2 (#165)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$3.58 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$6,700|
|More Information||Cape Verde|
View all cities in Cape Verde
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Santiago, the largest of the islands, has a rich history and is home to the city of Praia, the capital of Cape Verde. Praia is the place to go for bustling markets and live music.
Sao Vicente is home to many musicians and the town of Mindelo has a lively music scene. Sao Vicente is considered to be the main cultural center of the islands.
For island-hopping, there is ferry service and the local Cape Verde airline.
- Calling Code: 238
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Cape Verde's climate is tropical, and cooler than most of West Africa.
It's warm enough to hike and swim any time of the year, although the nights may be quite chilly from December through March.
The hot winds and sands (harmattan) from the Sahara reach the islands during November and can last till March.
The rainy season is from the end of August to the beginning of October.
Festivals generally take place in February. The busiest time of the year is between November and April when many visitors from Europe escape the winters.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Archipelago Cape Verde Guide
- Boa Vista Guide
- Cape Verde Islands Guide
- Cape Verde on the Web Guide
- Cape Verde Tours and Accommodations
- Captivating Cape Verde Travel
- Diving - Cape Verde Islands
- Regional Information Cape Verde
- UNESCO Sites
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Cape Verde Travel Advice and Warnings
This page was last updated on November 22, 2017.