|Land Area||472,710 km2|
|Water Area||2,730 km2|
|Total Area||475,440km2 (#53)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$77.24 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$3,300|
View all cities in Cameroon
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Cameroon's location is problematic in that it is bordered by countries with continuing strife.
At this time, national governments are advising visitors to Cameroon to avoid all travel to the northern region near the Nigeria and Cameroon border, the city of Maroua, the Bakassi Peninsula, the border area with Chad and the border area with the Central African Republic.
Cameroon's travel slogan, "Africa in Miniature", is an apt description of its cultural, geographical, and climate diversity.
Major places of interest include Mt. Cameroon, the Mefou Primate Park, birding and the rainforests.
- Calling Code: 237
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Cameroon's climate is tropical.
November to February is the best time to visit as the weather is cool and dry. However, at times, the harmattan, (winds that blow sands from the Sahara) can be quite strong causing low visibility.
The rainy season is July to October. The exposed slopes of Mt. Cameroon receive constant rainfall, making it one of the wettest areas in the world.
March is generally the hottest month.
Due to the topical climate, the four seasons are not well defined.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Bird, Wildlife & Photography Tours
- Cameroon On-Line
- Cameroon Travel and Tours
- Destinations and Activities
- Mefou Primate Park
- Regions of Cameroon
- Safari Tours
- Tourism and Leisure Guide
- UNESCO Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!