ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
The country hosts the International Arts and Crafts Fair, known by its French name as SIAO, Le Salon International de L'Artisanat de Ouagadougou, one of the most important African handicraft fairs on the planet.
Burkina Faso is a poor country and tourism infrastructure is somewhat limited, but in Bobo-Dioulasso and Ouagadougou there are accommodations and good restaurants.
- Calling Code: 226
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Burkino Faso's climate is tropical, with three distinct periods: dry and cool from November to February, hot and dry from March through May, wet and hot from June through October.
Mid-October to December is the favorite time to visit for most travelers. December to February, the weather is cooler, but still relatively dry.
The rainy season can be extremely hot and humid and many roads throughout the country become impassable.
- Bobo-Dioulasso Guide (French)
- Burkina Faso Tours
- Manega Museum
- Our Africa - Burkina Faso
- Salon International de l'Artisanat de Ouagadougou (French)
- Tourism, Travel & Information Guide
- UNESCO Sites
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
Burkina Faso's Information
|Land Area||273,800 km2|
|Water Area||400 km2|
|Total Area||274,200km2 (#74)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$32.99 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$1,800|
|More Information||Burkina Faso|
About Burkina Faso
Countries of Africa
This page was last updated on November 22, 2017.