Burkina Faso's Information
|Land Area||273,800 km2|
|Water Area||400 km2|
|Total Area||274,200km2 (#74)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$32.99 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$1,800|
|More Information||Burkina Faso|
View all cities in Burkina Faso
- Alidou Badini filmmaker
- Boureima Badini politician
- Serge Theophile Balima journalist, diplomat
- Djibrill Yipene Bassole politician, diplomat
- Francois Djobi Bassolet journalist, historian, cultural leader
- Andre Bicaba sprinter
- Nazi Boni politician, founder African Popular Movement
- Juliette Bonkoungou ambassador, jurist
- Blaise Compaore military captain, president
- Francois Compaore politician
- Joseph Issoufou Conombo former prime minister
- Daniel Ouezzin Coulibaly politician
- Gabin Dabire singer, musician, composer
- Noellie Marie Beatri Damiba journalist, diplomat
- Boubacar Diallo filmmaker, author
- Hama Arba Diallo politician, diplomat
- Constantin Guirma prelate
- Frederic Fernand Guirma politician, diplomat, writer
- Henri Guissou politician, diplomat
- Jacky Ido actor
- Emile Ilboudo politician, diplomat
- Monique Ilboudo human rights activist, lawyer, author
- Gaston Kabore film director
- Zabore "Zinda" Kabore politician
- Joseph Ki-Zerbo politician, writer
- Marthe Koala hurdler
- Gerard Kobeane sprinter
- Dramane Kone drummer
- Bilgho Akaramata Kora musician
- Moro Naba Kougri former king
- Dani Kouyate actor
- Aboubakar Sangoule Lamizana former president
- Fanta Régina Nacro film director
- Severine Nebie judoka
- Adama Nombre civil engineer
- Ablasse Ouedraogo politician, economist
- Angelika Sita Ouedraogo swimmer
- Fulgence Ouedraogo footballer
- Gerard Kango Ouedraogo former prime minister
- Idrissa Ouedraogo film director
- Jean-Baptiste Ouedraogo former president, physician
- Joseph Ouedraogo trade unionist
- Julien Ouedraogo sabre fencer
- Rabaki Jeremie Ouedraogo road racing cyclist
- Konkiswinde Hanatou Ouelogo judoka
- Lassina Pare football referee
- Thomas Isidore Noel Sankara military captain, revolutionary, theorist, former president
- Thomas Sanon politician, diplomat
- Idrissa Sanou athlete
- Olivier Sanou athlete
- Moussa Savadogo writer, playwright
- Aristide Sawadogo basketball player
- Marie Blandine Sawadogo politician
- Salimata Sawadogo magistrate, ambassador
- Jean Emile Somda jurist
- Marie-Ange Somdah poet, writer
- Malidoma Patrice Some writer
- AIssata Soulama athlete
- Luc-Adolphe Tiao journalist, prime minister
- Irene Tiendrebeogo high jumper
- Frederic Pacere Titinga solicitor, writer, poet
- Sekou Traore filmmaker
- Maurice Yameogo former president
- S. Pierre Yameogo film director, screenwriter
- Celine Yoda politician
- Rene Jacob Yougbara swimmer
- Dieudonne Yougbare bishop
- Marlene Zebango politician
- Saye Zerbo former president
- Franck Zio long jumper
- Henri Zongo military officer
- Norbert Zongo newspaper publisher, editor
- Alain Dominique Zoubga politician, physician
- Paul Zoungrana cardinal
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Burkinabe
Burkina Faso Trivia
What is the Culture of Burkina Faso Like?
Burkina Faso has great ethnic diversity. The Mossi is the largest ethnic community living in the country, comprising of 52% of the population. The ethnic minorities with a significant presence in the country are the Fulani (8.4%), Gurma (7%), Bobo (4.9%), Gurunsi (4.6%), and Senufo (4.5%). The legacy of the French colonial rule in Burkina Faso is visible in the country. For one thing, the official language in Burkina Faso is French. Different ethnic groups also speak their own indigenous languages. Muslims represent 61.5% of the population of Burkina Faso. Christians, both Catholics and Protestants, are also present in significant numbers. A large section of the population adheres to the traditional indigenous religions.
The Culture Of Burkina Faso
Which Is The Largest Ethnic Group In Burkina Faso?
The Mossi is the largest ethnic group in Burkina Faso and accounts for 50.2% of the country’s population. The Fulani, Bobo, Gurma, and Mandé are some of the ethnic minorities of the country.
Largest Ethnic Groups In Burkina Faso
What is the Leading Cause of Death in Burkina Faso?
Lower respiratory infections account for 14.3% of total deaths in Burkina Faso, making it the number one cause of death.
Leading Causes Of Death In Burkina Faso
What Is The Dominant Religious Belief In Burkina Faso?
Islam is the religion of the majority in Burkina Faso. 61.1% of the country’s population adhere to this religion. 19.0% of the population practice Roman Catholicism. 11.3% practice indigenous African beliefs. Protestant Christianity is the religion of 5.5% of the population.
Religious Beliefs In Burkina Faso
What is W of the Niger National Park?
W National Park is an important national park in West Africa. The park is named so as it based around the ‘W’ shaped meander of the River Niger. The park is shared by three countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, and Niger. The W National Park was created on August 4, 1954, and was inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1996.
The Four National Parks Of Burkina Faso
What is the Currency of Burkina Faso?
The official currency of Burkina Faso is the West African CFA franc.