|Land Area||566,730 km2|
|Water Area||15,000 km2|
|Total Area||581,730km2 (#47)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$35.90 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$16,900|
View all cities in Botswana
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Highly recommended is a stop at Living With Elephants, where visitors accompany the herd on daily foraging treks.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Welcome to Botswana (Official Tourism Guide)
- Calling Code: 267
- Electricity: 231V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Left
- Times to Travel: Botswana's climate is typical of southern Africa.
December to March is the rainy season.
April and May are generally pleasant with clear skies and comfortable temperatures.
June to August is the peak season for safaris, as the land is dry, the sky is generally clear and blue. Temperatures at night can be close to freezing in dry areas, but the days are warm.
Big game safaris are best planned for September and October, when the land is drier and the temperatures are hot - sometimes as high as 104° F (40° C).
- Birdwatching in Botswana
- Botswana Tourism Guide
- Bush Camp Safaris
- Gaborone City Guide
- Khama Rhino Sanctuary
- Living With Elephants
- Mokolodi Nature Reserve
- National Parks & Game Reserves Guide
- Safari Holidays Tours
- UNESCO Sites
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Botswana Travel Advice and Warnings
This page was last updated on November 29, 2017.