|Land Area||110,622 km2|
|Water Area||2,000 km2|
|Total Area||112,622km2 (#100)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$24.31 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$2,200|
View all cities in Benin
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Benin is a small African country gaining in popularity with exotic travel enthusiasts.
Highlights for visitors include fascinating local markets, pristine tropical beaches, stilt houses, and guided overland tours for wildlife enthusiasts, especially those to Pendjari Wildlife Park.
Voodoo was born in Benin, so traces of its influence can be witnessed in local celebrations, markets and music.
- Calling Code: 229
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Benin's climate is tropical, with three zones.
The southern part of the country is the coastal area with temperatures remaining mostly constant. The northern part of the country, near the Sahel, has low humidity, but high termperatures. Central Benin has two wet seasons: October and November and March through June.
Most visitors prefer the months between December and March, as the temperatures are the most comfortable and rainfall is less.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Benin Tours (French)
- Birdwatching in Benin
- Cotonou City Guide (French)
- Ecotourism (French)
- Historical Museum of Abomey
- Ouidah Museum of History
- UNESCO Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Benin Travel Advice and Warnings