|Land Area||1,246,700 km2|
|Total Area||1,246,700km2 (#22)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$189.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$6,800|
View all cities in Angola
A - B
- Jose Eduardo Agualusa journalist, writer
- Akwa football player
- Nito Alves politician
- Flavio Amado football player
- Felizardo Ambrosio basketball player
- Mario Pinto de Andrade poet, politician
- Jorge Antunes actor
- Milton Barros basketball player
- Waldemar Bastos musician
- Americo Boavida physician
- Bonga musician, singer, songwriter
- Domingos Bonifacio basketball player
- Oscar Lino Lopes Fernandes Braga bishop
- Maria Mambo Cafe politician
- Boaventura Cardoso politician
- Joao Carqueijeiro artist
- Mendes de Carvalho author
- Carlos Castro journalist
- Alberto Graves Chakussanga radio journalist
- Daniel Chipenda field commander in war of independence
- Abel Chivukuvuku politician
- Efigenia dos Santos Lima Clemente politician
- Armando Costa basketball player
- Manuel Franklin da Costa archbishop
- Assuncao Cristas politician
- Viriatom da Cruz poet, politician
- Antonio Dembo politician
- Depara photographer
- Joana Amaral Dias politician, clinical psychologist
- Luis Fernando journalist, novelist
- Armenio Ferreira physician
- Shunnoz Fiel fashion designer
- Paulo Flores musician
- Irina D. Franca singer, songwriter
- Damiao Antonio Franklin archbishop
- Maria Joao Ganga film director
- Joaquim Gomes basketball player
- Antonio Jacinto poet
- Aguinaldo Jaime politician
- Almerindo Jaka Jamba politician
- Paulo Teixeira Jorge politician
- Ze Kalanga football player
- Paulo Kassoma former prime minister
- Don Kikas singer
- Alda Lara poet
- Leila Lopes Miss Universe 2011
- Ana Dias Lourenco politician
- Paulo Lukamba politician
- Mantorras football player
- Ana Clara Guerra Marques dancer
- Rafael Marques journalist, human rights activist
- Rui Marques football player
- Joao de Matos military general
- Eduardo Mingas basketball player
- Chilala Moco photographer
- Marcolino Jose Carlos Moco former prime minister
- Carlos Morais basketball player
- Jose Pedro de Morais politician
- Venancio da Silva Moura politician
- Alexandre do Nascimento archbishop
- Eduardo Nascimento singer
- Lopo do Nascimento former prime minister
- Antonio Agostinho Neto former president
- Pitra Neto politician, professor, lawyer
- Domingos Manuel Njinga politician
- Fernando Nobre physician
- Tekasala Ma'at Nzinga fashion designer
- Paul G singer, songwriter, producer, dancer
- Leonel Paulo basketball player
- Pepetela writer
- Jose de Fontes Pereira lawyer, journalist
- Vadinho Pina fashion designer
- Nando Rafael football player
- Oscar Ribas novelist
- Holden Roberto politician
- Isaias Samakuva politician
- Ana Paula dos Santos first lady
- Artur Carlos Mauricio Pestana dos Santos writer
- Elisabeth Santos fashion designer, artist
- Fernando da Piedade Dias dos Santos aka Nando former prime minister
- Jose Eduardo dos Santos president
- Jonas Savimbi politician
- Armando Jose Sayovo Paralympics athlete
- Ana Paula Tavares writer
- Fernando Jose de Franco Dias Van-Dunem former prime minister
- Neide Van-Dunem singer, songwriter, actress
- Manuel Vicente vice-president
- Jeronimo Elavoko Wanga politician
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Angolan
Where is Angola?
Angola is a country located in Southern Africa. The country was a former Portuguese colony but gained self-rule in 1975. After years of civil war, Angola is slowly emerging as a major economic powerhouse in Africa, and has one of the fastest growing economies in the world.
Fun Facts about Angola
What Languages are Spoken in Angola?
Angola is a Southern African nation with a single official language and several national languages. Portuguese, introduced during the colonial era in the country, is spoken widely in the country. It is the official and most spoken language of Angola. Kikongo, Umbundu, and Kimbundu are the most popular indigenous languages of the country.
What Languages Are Spoken In Angola?
What Kind of Government Does Angola Have?
Angola is a presidential republic, whereby the President of Angola is both head of state and head of government.
What Type Of Government Does Angola Have?
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Angola?
More than one-third of Angolans are Ovimbundu, while around one-fourth are Ambundu. The Bakongo people comprise the third largest Angolan ethnic group.
Largest Ethnic Groups In Angola
What is the Leading Cause of Death in Angola?
Diarrheal disease is the leading cause of death in Angola, responsible for a total of 12.5% of deaths.
Leading Causes Of Death In Angola
What Kind of Plants Live in Angola?
Some of the plants that live in Angola include the Angolan aframmi, the Newton's groundsel, and the Namib sprokies word succulent trees.