|Land Area||2,381,741 km2|
|Total Area||2,381,741km2 (#10)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$609.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$15,000|
View all cities in Algeria
- Algeria 1830 and the French Occupation
- Algerian National Liberation (1954 - 1962)
- Algerian Social Etiquette
- Berber People
- Bio - Ahmed Ben Bella
- British Slaves on the Barbary Coast
- Central Bank of Algeria (French)
- Chamber of Commerce & Industry (French)
- Constitution of Algeria
- Country Study
- Embassy of Algeria (Washington, D.C.)
- Historical Timeline
- Learn Arabic
- Mediterranean Sea
- National Office of Statistics (French)
- UNESCO Sites
- National Assembly (French and Arabic)
- National Council (Arabic)
- Office of the Prime Minister (French and Arabic)
- President of Algeria (French and Arabic)
- A very complete list of blogs, internet media, press agencies, magazines, newspapers, radio and television sources here!
What is the Biggest City in Algeria?
Algiers is the largest city in Algeria. It has a population of around 5 million people.
The Biggest Cities In Algeria
Which Languages Are Spoken in Algeria?
Modern Standard Arabic and Tamazight are the two official languages of Algeria.
What Languages Are Spoken In Algeria?
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Algeria?
Algeria is predominantly made of Berbers, who are the indigenous people of Algeria, and a few minority groups such as Turkish people, French, Italians, and Spaniards.
Ethnic Groups In Algeria
What Kind of Government Does Algeria Have?
Algeria is a constitutional presidential republic whereby the President is the head of state while the Prime Minister is the head of government.
What Type Of Government Does Algeria Have?
What is the Largest Religion in Algeria?
Sunni Islam is the dominant religious belief system in Algeria, while Ibadi Muslims and Christians compromise significant religious minority groups.
Religious Beliefs In Algeria
What Are The Native Plants Of Algeria?
Algeria is a sovereign nation located in North Africa. The landscapes of Algeria including deserts, mountains, valleys, basins, and plateaus support over 1000 species of flora. 178 of these species are endemic to the country. The Algerian Fir, Algerian Peony, and Saharan Cypress, Slender Flower Thistle, Lamarck's Bedstraw, Brome Fescue, etc., are some of Algeria’s native plant species.