|Land Area||2,381,741 km2|
|Total Area||2,381,741km2 (#10)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$609.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$15,000|
View all cities in Algeria
J - L
- Marlene Jobert actress, singer, author
- Ali Kafi politician
- Mohammed Khadda painter, sculptor
- Yasmina Khafra aka Mohammed Moulessehoul author
- Khaled musician
- Mohammed Lakhdar-Hamina film director, producer, screenwriter
- Tahar Lamri writer
- Abbassi Madani founder, leader of Front Islamic of Salvation (FIS party)
- Taoufik Makhloufi Olympic medalist, runner
- Redha Malek former prime minister
- Cheb Mami singer, songwriter
- Mouloud Mammeri writer, poet, anthropologist, linguist
- Souad Massi singer, songwriter, musician
- Lounes Matoub poet, singer, musician
- Lounis Ait Menguellet singer, poet, musician
- Kad Merad actor, screenwriter, director, producer
- Nouria Merah-Benida Olympic medalist, runner
- Rachid Mimouni author, poet
- Ahmed Khelifati Mohamed aka Cheb Mami singer, songwriter
- Noureddine Morceli Olympic medalist, runner
- Mustapha Moussa Olympic medalist, boxer
- Mahfoud Nahnah founder, leader of the HMS party
- Samira Negrouche writer, poet, essayist
- Tahar Ouettar writer
- Ahmed Ouyahia politician, former prime minister
- Abd al Qadir former independence leader
- Ahmed Rachedi film director, screenwriter
- Mohammed Racim artist
- Jean Richepin poet, novelist, dramatist
- Cheikha Rimitti singer, musician
- Said Sadi founder, leader of RCD party
- Djabir Said-GuerniOlympic medalist, runner
- Ali Saidi-Sief Olympic medalist, runner
- Boualem Sansal author
- Thelma Schoonmaker film editor
- Hadj Smaine Mohamed Seghir actor, director
- Hadj Smaine actor, comedian
- Hocine Soltani Olympic medalist, boxer
- Azouz Statra actor, musician
- Rachid Taha singer, musician
- Takfarinas singer, songwriter
- Cheb Tarik musician
- Hamid Tibouchi artist
- Kateb Yacine writer
- Zaho singer
- Moufdi Zakariapoet, writer, author of Algerian National Anthem
- Mohamed Zaoui Olympic medalist, boxer
- Larbi Zekkalactor, musician
- Salem Zenia writer
- Liamine Zeroualformer president
- Mohammed Chaouki Zine writer, philosopher
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Which Languages Are Spoken in Algeria?
Modern Standard Arabic and Tamazight are the two official languages of Algeria.
What Languages Are Spoken In Algeria?
What Kind of Government Does Algeria Have?
Algeria is a constitutional presidential republic whereby the President is the head of state while the Prime Minister is the head of government.
What Type Of Government Does Algeria Have?
What is the Biggest City in Algeria?
Algiers is the largest city in Algeria. It has a population of around 5 million people.
The Biggest Cities In Algeria
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Algeria?
Algeria is predominantly made of Berbers, who are the indigenous people of Algeria, and a few minority groups such as Turkish people, French, Italians, and Spaniards.
Ethnic Groups In Algeria
What Are The Native Plants Of Algeria?
Algeria is a sovereign nation located in North Africa. The landscapes of Algeria including deserts, mountains, valleys, basins, and plateaus support over 1000 species of flora. 178 of these species are endemic to the country. The Algerian Fir, Algerian Peony, and Saharan Cypress, Slender Flower Thistle, Lamarck's Bedstraw, Brome Fescue, etc., are some of Algeria’s native plant species.
Native Plants Of Algeria
What is the Largest Religion in Algeria?
Sunni Islam is the dominant religious belief system in Algeria, while Ibadi Muslims and Christians compromise significant religious minority groups.