|Land Area||2,381,741 km2|
|Total Area||2,381,741km2 (#10)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$609.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$15,000|
View all cities in Algeria
People listed are almost always native to the country. We do (on occasion) include those that have either lived within the country for most of their adult life, or have made a significant contribution to the country in their personal endeavors.
- Ferhat Abbas political leader
- Hadj Abderrahmane actor, comedian
- Hocine Ait Ahmed politician, revolutionary
- Mohamed Allalou Olympic medalist, boxer
- Merzak Allouache film director, screenwriter
- Abdelkader Alloula playwright, producer
- Malek Alloula poet, writer, editor, literary critic
- Louis Althusser philosopher
- Leila Ameddah painter, sculptor
- Apuleius author
- Mohammed Arkoun author, historian, philosopher, scholar
- Abbas Aroua physicist, activist
- Augustine of Hippo theologian
- Daniel Auteuil actor
- Baaziz singer, songwriter
- Mohamed Bahari Olympic medalist, boxer
- Mohammed Bedjaoui diplomat, jurist, ambassador
- Ahmed Ben Bella soldier, revolutionary, former president
- Chadli Bendjedid former president
- Abdelmalek Benhabyles statesman
- Amar Benikhlef Olympic medalist, judoka
- Benyoucef Benkhedda politician
- Salah Benlabed architect, academic, novelist, poet
- Malek Bennabi social, religious philosopher
- Boualem Bessaih politician, writer
- Rabah Bitat politician
- Biyouna actress, dancer, comedian
- Yve-Alain Bois art historian
- Said Boualam politician
- Mohamed Boudiaf independence war leader, former president
- Rachid Boudjedra poet, novelist, playwright, critic
- Hassiba Boulmerka Olympic medalist, runner
- Houari Boumediene former president
- Abdelaziz Bouteflika politician, president (born in Morocco)
- Baya Bouzar aka Biyouna singer, dancer, actress
- Lakhdar Brahimi politician
C - D
- Albert Camus writer
- Alain Chabat actor, director
- Bendjedid Chadli former president
- Mehdi Charef film director, screenwriter
- Idir aka Hamid Cheriet singer, songwriter, musician, record producer
- Mohamed Chouikh filmmaker
- Jacques Derrida philosopher
- Mohammed Dib writer
- Ali Dilem editorial cartoonist
- Abdallah Djaballah politician, leader Al-Islah party
- Tahar Djaout poet, journalist, critic
- Assia Djebar novelist, translator, filmmaker
- Abderrahmane Fares lawyer
- Mohamed Fellag actor, comedian
- Mouloud Feraoun author, independence war hero
- Tony Gatlif film director
- El Hachemi Guerouabi musician, singer
- Soraya Haddad Olympic judoka medal winner
- Abderrahmane Hammad Olympic medalist, track and field
- Louisa Hanoune founder, leader of PT Worker's Party
- Mohamed Harbi historian
- Dahmane El Harrachi singer, composer, songwriter
- Cheb Hasni musician
- Miloud Hmida poet, critic, translator
Is a famous person missing from this page?
What is the Biggest City in Algeria?
Algiers is the largest city in Algeria. It has a population of around 5 million people.
The Biggest Cities In Algeria
Which Languages Are Spoken in Algeria?
Modern Standard Arabic and Tamazight are the two official languages of Algeria.
What Languages Are Spoken In Algeria?
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Algeria?
Algeria is predominantly made of Berbers, who are the indigenous people of Algeria, and a few minority groups such as Turkish people, French, Italians, and Spaniards.
Ethnic Groups In Algeria
What Kind of Government Does Algeria Have?
Algeria is a constitutional presidential republic whereby the President is the head of state while the Prime Minister is the head of government.
What Type Of Government Does Algeria Have?
What is the Largest Religion in Algeria?
Sunni Islam is the dominant religious belief system in Algeria, while Ibadi Muslims and Christians compromise significant religious minority groups.
Religious Beliefs In Algeria
What Are The Native Plants Of Algeria?
Algeria is a sovereign nation located in North Africa. The landscapes of Algeria including deserts, mountains, valleys, basins, and plateaus support over 1000 species of flora. 178 of these species are endemic to the country. The Algerian Fir, Algerian Peony, and Saharan Cypress, Slender Flower Thistle, Lamarck's Bedstraw, Brome Fescue, etc., are some of Algeria’s native plant species.