ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Major attractions include Caracas and its cultural attractions and shopping venues; Angel Falls; Caribbean beaches; Isla Margarita with its miles of unspoiled coastline and sandy beaches; Andes Mountain vistas, including Pico Bolivar; the Orinoco River and the Guiana Highlands with its wonders of the Amazon Jungle.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Electricity: 110/120V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: Venezuela's location just above the equator ensures a pleasant climate throughout the year. There is one dry season - December to May, the rest of the year is wet.
The dry season is favored by those who want to participate in outdoor activities. However, some of the sights, especially the waterfalls, are much more impressive in the wet season.
There are three peak travel times - Christmas, Carnaval and Holy Week. It is important to book accommodations well in advance during those holiday times.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Angel Falls
- Avila National Park (Spanish)
- Carnaval - Venezuela
- Gran Sabana (Spanish/English)
- Guide to Venezuela
- Isla Margarita
- La Colonia tovar (Spanish)
- Los Llanos
- Los Roques Archipelago National Park
- Ministry for Tourism
- Think Venezuela
- Unesco World Heritage Site
- Venezuela Airports
- Venezuela Bird Watching
- Venezuela Events & Festivals
- Venezuela National Parks
- Venezuela Tuya
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
In The News
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Largest Countries in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World
The Richest Countries In The World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Most Dangerous Cities in the World
Top Egg Producing Countries In The World
The Richest Countries In Africa
30 Least Populated Countries In The World
10 Most Visited Countries In The World