ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Suriname , the "beating heart of the Amazon" remains one of the few unspoiled destinations on the planet.
Almost 70% of its land is covered by tropical rain forest, and the country is home to a series of quality national parks, nature reserves and other protected areas.
Major attractions include Paramaribo, a "melting pot" of Chinese, Dutch, Hindustani, Indian and Javanese cultures, its old colonial-style wooden buildings, central market, Presidential Palace, Independence Square and historic Fort Zeelandia.
For adventure travelers, the interior regions of the country include many older plantation structures and eco-tours of the tropical rain forest. Note that most tour guides utilize Suriname's rivers, as travel by boat is expedient, and offers a wonderful opportunity to view the beauty of the country.
- Electricity: 127V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: Suriname receives a high amount of rainfall and in fact, has two rainy seasons: December to January and March to July. Thus, the best time to travel is in February or between August and November.
The Suriname climate is tropical with warm temperatures year-round.
- Access Suriname Tours
- Central Suriname Nature Reserve
- Go Suriname (Dutch)
- Jodensavanne Historical Monument
- Suriname Airports
- Suriname Bird Watching
- Suriname Tourism Foundation
- Suriname Tourist Guide
- Tourism Network
- Unesco World Heritage Site
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS: