ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Suriname , the "beating heart of the Amazon" remains one of the few unspoiled destinations on the planet.
Almost 70% of its land is covered by tropical rain forest, and the country is home to a series of quality national parks, nature reserves and other protected areas.
Major attractions include Paramaribo, a "melting pot" of Chinese, Dutch, Hindustani, Indian and Javanese cultures, its old colonial-style wooden buildings, central market, Presidential Palace, Independence Square and historic Fort Zeelandia.
For adventure travelers, the interior regions of the country include many older plantation structures and eco-tours of the tropical rain forest. Note that most tour guides utilize Suriname's rivers, as travel by boat is expedient, and offers a wonderful opportunity to view the beauty of the country.
- Electricity: 127V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: Suriname receives a high amount of rainfall and in fact, has two rainy seasons: December to January and March to July. Thus, the best time to travel is in February or between August and November.
The Suriname climate is tropical with warm temperatures year-round.
- Access Suriname Tours
- Central Suriname Nature Reserve
- Go Suriname (Dutch)
- Jodensavanne Historical Monument
- Suriname Airports
- Suriname Bird Watching
- Suriname Tourist Guide
- Tourism Network
- Unesco World Heritage Site
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The Richest Countries In The World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
29 Most Obese Countries In The World
The Richest Countries In Africa
10 Most Visited Countries In The World
Cities With The Most Millionaires