- Coastline: 1,500 miles (2,414 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 494,211 sq miles (1,280,000 sq km)
(water) 2,015 sq miles (5,220 sq km)
(TOTAL) 496,226 sq miles (1,285,220 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: 25 regions and 1 province. Regions include: Amazonas, Ancash, Apurimac, Arequipa, Ayacucho, Cajamarca, Callao, Cuzco, Huancavelica, Huanuco, Ica, Junin, La Libertad, Lambayeque, Lima, Loreto, Madre de Dios, Moquegua, Pasco, Piura, Puno, San Martin, Tacna, Tumbes and Ucayali; the Province is Lima.
- Horizontal Width: 493 km (306 miles) from Trujillo to Pucallpa
- Vertical Length: 1570 km (975 miles) from Ilo to Iquitos
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (5) Chile, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador
- Geographic Center: 202 km (125 miles) SW from Pucallpa at coordinates 9° 27' S, 76° 16' W
- Highest Point: Nevado Huascaran - 22,205 ft.
- Lowest Point: Pacific Ocean - 0 ft. (0 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Trending on WorldAtlas
Countries Of South America
This page was last modified on April 7, 2017.