ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Major points-of-interest include any of the beautiful, wild rivers; stunning waterfalls, including Kaieteur Falls, the highest single-drop waterfall in the world; beaches, including Shell Beach and its turtle nests; ruins of the Dutch forts, including Fort Nassau, Fort Zeelandia and Kyk-Over-Al; Georgetown, the capital city, and its botanical gardens, museums, zoo and the exotic shopping markets of Stabroek and Bourda.
- Electricity: 120/240V, 50/60Hz
- Times to Travel: Guyana experiences two distinct rainy seasons: from May to mid-August and mid-November to mid-January. The warmest months are August through October, which makes that time period the best time to visit. During this time, the Kaieteur Falls are at their fullest.
Mid-October to mid-May is not as hot, and although wetter, also a good time to visit. The temperatures year round remain pretty constant - 75-85° F, (25-30° C).
Guyana's major festival is Carnival during January and February, so early reservations for accommodations are a priority.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Dutch Heritage Museum/Guyana National Trust
- Explore Guyana
- Guyana Airports
- Guyana Bird Watching
- Guyana Tourism Authority
- Iwokrama Canopy Walkway
- Kaieteur Falls
- Linden Tourist Guide
- Unesco World Heritage Site
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The Richest Countries In The World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
29 Most Obese Countries In The World
Countries With The Highest Taxes In The World
Top 10 Cocoa Producing Countries
Most Dangerous Cities In The United States