ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Leading the list is Quito, described by many travelers as the most beautiful city in South America. With its elevation and location near the Equator, its climate is considered a "permanent spring."
Additional attractions include several archaeological sites; a stunning selection of national parks, including Cotopaxi's (Avenue of the Volcanoes,) Podocarpus, Sangay and Yasuni; rainforest expeditions, the cities of Ambato and Otavalo; the natural springs at Banos, and of course, the Galapagos Islands.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Electricity: 110/120V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: Ecuador's ideal climate offers travel opportunities year round.
The busiest months are December and January and June to August, so it is best to make travel plans well in advance for those months.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Bellavista Cloud Forest Reserve
- Ecuador Airports
- Ecuador Bird Watching
- Ecuador Channel
- Ecuador Events & Festivals
- Ecuador Explorer
- Ecuador Ministry of Tourism
- Ecuador National Parks
- Ecuador Tourist Board
Telephone: 1-800-ECUADOR (1-800-328-2367)
- Exploring Ecuador
- Galapagos Islands
- Go Ecuador
- Latin American Collection - Ecuador
- Nature Expeditions
- Unesco World Heritage Site
- Zaruma (Spanish)
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The Richest Countries In The World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
29 Most Obese Countries In The World
30 Least Populated Countries In The World
Countries With The Highest Taxes In The World
Most Dangerous Cities In The United States