- Coastline: 4,655 miles (7,491 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 3,265,075 sq miles (8,456,510 sq km)
(water) 21,411 sq miles (55,455 sq km)
(TOTAL) 3,286,486 sq miles (8,511,965 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: 26 states and 1 federal district; the states include: Acre, Alagoas, Amapa, Amazonas, Bahia, Ceara, Espirito Santo, Goias, Maranhao, Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul, Minas Gerais, Para, Paraiba, Parana, Pernambuco, Piaui, Rio de Janeiro, Rio Grande do Norte, Rio Grande do Sul, Rondonia, Roraima, Santa Catarina, Sao Paulo, Sergipe and Tocantins. The federal district is: Distrito Federal
- Horizontal Width: 4190 km (2603 miles) straight west from Recife to the western border with Peru.
- Vertical Length: 3670 km (2280 miles) from Porto Alegre straight north to the border with French Guina and the Atlantic Ocean.
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (10) Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Bolivia, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana
- Geographic Center: 850 km (528 miles) SE from Manaus near the borders of the Matto Grasso and Para regions at coordinates 10 00 S, 55 00 W.
- Highest Point: Pico da Neblina - 9,888 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean - 0 ft. (0 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Coldest Capital Cities In The World
The Richest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
10 States With The Largest African-American Populations
The Richest Countries In Africa
30 Least Populated Countries In The World