Northern Territory Travel toATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
The Northern Territory, Australia's largest territory, is home to six main destinations, as diverse as can be imagined. From Uluru and Ayers Rock, the arid Red Centre, wetlands of Kakadu, national parks, to the seas in the north.
It's home to two World Heritage sites, Kakadu and Uluru-Kata Tjuta.
Darwin, the capital city, is one of Australia's most modern cities, having been destroyed after World War II attacks and then by Cyclone Tracy in 1974.
Darwin's multicultural influences are evident throughout the city, especially the art and traditions of the indigenous Aboriginal and Islander peoples.
Northern Territory's many offerings of beautiful scenery, outdoor activities, festivals and ease of travel make it a favorite Australian destination.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: Country: 61; Area code: 08
- Electricity: 240V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Left
- Times to Travel: Northern Territory is a year-round destination offering two distinct climate zones. The northern region is tropical while the central region is a desert-like climate.
The summer months (December to February) in the inland region can be extremely hot with high humidity.
The Darwin area is best visited during the dry season - May through October.
The central region, or the Red Centre, has little rain and low humidity throughout the year.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Barkly Region Tourism Guide
- Beaches of Northern Territory
- Central Australia Tourism Guide
- Cutta Cutta Caves Nature Park
- Darwin Tours
- Darwin Visitor Guide
- Darwin Waterfront
- East Arnhem Land Guide
- Heritage Tourism Guide
- Kakadu National Park
- Katherine Region Visitor Guide
- Larapinta Trail Guide
- Lirrwi Yolngu Tourism
- MacDonnell Ranges Guide
- Museums and Art Galleries
- Parks and Wildlife
- Tennant Creek Visitor Information
- Top End Tourism Guide
- Tourism Central
- Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
- Walking and Hiking
- Air North Airlines (Regional)
- Northern Territory Airports
- Qantas Airlines
- Transport Information (Bus, Ferry)
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Largest Countries in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World
The Richest Countries In The World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
10 Most Visited Countries In The World
Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Richest Countries In Africa
29 Most Obese Countries In The World
30 Least Populated Countries In The World