Texas Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 261,797 sq miles
(water) 6,687 sq miles
(TOTAL) 268,484 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 776 miles
- Vertical Length: 809 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (4) New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana
- Counties: (254) Map
- County: (largest by population) Harris, 3,894,556
- Geographic Center: approximately 15 miles to the northeast of Brady, in McCulloch County
- Highest Point: Guadalupe Peak, 8,749 ft.
- Lowest Point: a small lake along the Rio Grande, near the Gulf of Mexico (-2 ft.)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 1,687 ft.
- Relative Location
Palo Duro Canyon, Texas
Texas Cities, Counties & Area Codes
This page was last modified on April 7, 2017.