- Capital City: Carson City (pop.) 54,939 (2010 est.)
- Nevada Population: 2,758,931 (2012 est.) (35th)
- Nevada Population: (per square mile)
- U.S. State Populations: (all states)
- Currency: U.S. Dollar (conversion rates)
all u.s. currency (banknotes)
- Nevada Quarter The first commemorative quarter-dollar coin released in 2006 honors Nevada, and is the 36th coin in the U.S. Mint's 50 State Quarters® Program.
Nevada's quarter depicts a trio of wild mustangs, the sun rising behind snow-capped mountains, bordered by sagebrush and a banner that reads "The Silver State." The coin also bears the inscriptions "Nevada" and "1864." Additional details
- Land Sizes
- Language: English, others
- Largest Cities: (by population) Las Vegas, Reno, Henderson, North Las Vegas, Sparks
- Las Vegas Facts
- Name: The Spanish referred to the snow-covered mountains on the western border as the Sierra Nevada, and the name stuck.
- Reno Facts
- Statehood: October 31, 1864 (36th state)
Nevada Cities, Counties & Area Codes
|Carson City||Carson City||775|
|North Las Vegas||Clark||702|
This page was last modified on April 7, 2017.