Michigan Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 56,804 sq miles
(water) 40,001 sq miles
(TOTAL) 100,805 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 171 miles from Ludington, straight east to Bad Axe
- Vertical Length: 333 miles from Sault Ste. Marie, directly south to the Ohio border
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (3) Ohio, Indiana and Wisconsin
- Counties: (83) Map
- County: (largest by population) Wayne 2,061,162
- Geographic Center: is located approximately 6 miles NE of Cadillac in Wexford County
- Highest Point: Mt. Arvon at 1,979 ft.
- Lowest Point: 572 ft. on Lake Erie shoreline
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 912 ft.
- Relative Location
Michigan Cities, Counties & Area Codes
This page was last modified on April 7, 2017.